SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Got to shoot a USP expert 9mm today and loved it.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got to shoot a USP expert 9mm today and loved it. Login/Join 
posted
In the last 4-5 months I have shot a few of what I think are very nice pistols.
CZ shadow2
WC 92 Centurion
92LTT
Sig 1911MAX
HK USP expert 9mm

I was very surprised by the USP. It's a big gun, ergos were not the best for me, but man did I shoot it well.
I only had 150rds with me, but I could not miss with it
I have a 12"x18" target at 90 yards, I hit it 8 out of 10 shots(very good for me)
Like I said it's a huge gun, but did not feel big when shooting it. It was fast, accurate.
In my hands, I shot it better(by far) than the other pistols mentioned.

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I had a USP in .45 a few years a ago. Never should’ve sold that pistol. The grip fit my hand perfectly and was a treat to shoot.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I often meet our fellow Forum Members when they are in town and offer the opportunity to try something that they do not normally come across

So if I may ask, how did you come upon the opportunity to put 150 projectiles down range using a USP EXPERT?

I often meet our fellow Forum Members when they are in town and offer the opportunity to try something that they do not normally come across

The Expert is a great gun, mine happens to be 45ACP instead of 9MM but they are all just as accurate

The longer barreled Elite is also accurate and has the additional benefit of a longer sight radius.

The one drawback to the Expert or Elite is that the triggers fail in comparison to several other Target Grade pistols on the market.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The USP Expert is my favorite of all the HK pistols. Not only does it look great but is well balanced and also a great shooter.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:

So if I may ask, how did you come upon the opportunity to put 150 projectiles down range using a USP EXPERT?

The Expert is a great gun, mine happens to be 45ACP instead of 9MM but they are all just as accurate

The longer barreled Elite is also accurate and has the additional benefit of a longer sight radius.

The one drawback to the Expert or Elite is that the triggers fail in comparison to several other Target Grade pistols on the market.

Trying to talk my friend out of it lol.

As far as the trigger, I thought it was better than the other three guns, there was a little takeup but a nice light crisp brake. The only one out of the group that had a nicer trigger in my opinion wad the Sig 1911MAX, but that's a whole different animal.

I have had good experience with HK pistols before so there was do doubt it was going to shoot well and without issues, I guess the big surprise to me was how balanced it was for the size.
It's the model with jetfunnel and 18rd mags

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I've had my Expert since 01. The match trigger is every bit as sweet as the 220 Sport and 226 X5 L1 triggers. Considering it's an HK that's saying something.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Sounds like fun to me. I had the Expert in 9MM. Excellent pistol, very accurate and flawless reliability. Those ergos were not right for me either, or else I'd still have it.

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:

Agreeing with your respected opinion, the HK Expert, Elite, Tactical, and Mark 23 are advertised as having match grade triggers. In HK speak, that means they're shootable. Smile

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased an Expert in 45 a year ago and love it - very easy to shoot accurately. I added a Solum Tool 2 round magazine extension so I have 1 in the chamber and 14 rounds in the magazine. Sorta looks like a robo cop pistol (:

Posts: 140 | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
It had a very favorable review in the Dillon Blue Press March 2020 issue.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Wow, I can't even SEE 90 yards down range!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Malamutes
posted Hide Post
At one point I had a USP 9, USP Tactical in 45, USP Expert in 45 and the MK23, and they were all very accurate and fit my hand well. Got mine when they all (except the "plain" 9) came in the ballistic nylon cases that for a while were going for outrageous prices. It is sad I don't even remember what guns I had to have that I sold them for.

Posts: 183 | Location: SW Lower Michigan | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am hoping to talk my buddy out of it sooner than later.
I really love the Beretta 92 series of pistols and wanted to love the WC and the LTT, but really was not that impressive over stock model(not saying they were not any better, just had higher expectations)
But for some reason everything about the expert worked for me.
Don't really like the white/clear mags but not a big deal.

Question I have about the expert, why are the sights so tall?
Does not have a threaded barrel nor does it seem that a threaded barrel is available.

posted Hide Post
The Expert and Elite have the barrel fitted to the slide for better accuracy. The HK Match trigger is as good as it gets for HK. Mine are both 9mm and I really enjoy shooting them. I also have the jet funnel and 18 round mags. These are not cheap in the HK line but a lot of fun to shoot.

Posts: 243 | Location: OH | Registered: January 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I bought a USP 9 Tactical (actual tactical not the scaled down SD) LGS had an Expert as well. I was looking for a suppressor host so I passed on the Elite as threaded barrels for them are expensive.
Looking back since I had a mighty fine host in my 226 and 2022 already I should have gotten the Back Expert.
They are a mighty fine pistol.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have shot a couple USP45 Tacticals and they were all great, I imagine the Experts even more so.

I lust after them but having a German made HK45C tuned by Rick Holmes (when he was running HK mods for GGI) that only gets out 1-2 times a year, it isn't practical for me to sink that money into a gun that won't get used often enough.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post