SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Finally got a P220 ST Added P226 .357 stainless
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally got a P220 ST Added P226 .357 stainless Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I had one. It was a big heavy beast, but it was very accurate. I wish I'd have kept it just for a range gun.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Lots of extraction problems with my internal extractor original rail model.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
Lots of extraction problems with my internal extractor original rail model.

I had the same issues with that model (early milled stainless slide). When SIG moved the P226 from the folded slide version (with an internal extractor captured by the breech block, similar to a 1911), the P226 went right away to an external extractor for the milled stainless slide.

When they made that same transition on the P220, they initially stayed with an internal extractor, but with no breech block to hold it (and its tension) they instead sort of set the extractor in a groove milled in the slide. Many folks had no problem, but some did, including me. And many folks use them for years with no problems. I sent it back to SIG and they re-tensioned it, which fixed the problem. But I don't think the design is amenable to maintaining correct tension. SIG eventually recognized this (I believe this to be the reason) and went to an external extractor. If your internal extractor works, fine. SIG perhaps made some mods to it along the line.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybirdaccountant:
I had one. It was a big heavy beast, but it was very accurate. I wish I'd have kept it just for a range gun.

Yeah , mikes not light but the weight reduces the felt recoil quite a bit.
Love shooting full stainless pistols.
Hate carrying them Wink

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
Yeah , mikes not light but the weight reduces the felt recoil quite a bit.
Love shooting full stainless pistols.
Hate carrying them Wink

The P220-10mm (all steel) weighs in at 42 oz with no mag. The extra weight certainly does help, and this shoots full power Underwood with no issues. I carry it with a Wilderness instructor's belt. A bit heavy, but not tiresome. A good Andrews leather belt holster helps immensely with the heavier guns.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I carried my P220ST on my duty belt for about 16years (plus 5 loaded 8 rnd mags), never was bothered by the weight.
GOOD holster, GOOD belt system is the answer.
Dress to the gun.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Not light at all but fun as hell on the range! Mine has been flawless (fingers crossed) even with the internal extractor. I remember Bruce Grey was working on a replacement extractor for those with issues but I'm not sure if he finished since Sig went to the short external one.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Great nightstand weapon!

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently got a P226 in .357 sig all stainless.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Hahaaa, you've just tapped into one of the purest wells of joy in the SIG lineup. Make sure your grips and trigger fit you (physically, that is - and you will notice the difference) and, for Heaven's sake, keep a stash of money so that you can stack deep whenever you see a great bulk price on ammo.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^^ Hahaaa, you've just tapped into one of the purest wells of joy in the SIG lineup. Make sure your grips and trigger fit you (physically, that is - and you will notice the difference) and, for Heaven's sake, keep a stash of money so that you can stack deep whenever you see a great bulk price on ammo.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Nope. You're going to need cases.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nope. You're going to need cases.

That's almost 4500 rounds. but i do need more

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Ah, I beg your pardon. I glanced at the picture quickly, didn't see beyond the front pile of boxes, and made an assumption.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Ah, I beg your pardon. I glanced at the picture quickly, didn't see beyond the front pile of boxes, and made an assumption.

No pardon, i do need more

Picture of sigp6
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've had the same model that the OP has for some years now and I have never had extractor problems.

Ditto.

Every once in a while I like to masturbate a big word into a conversation - even if I'm not sure what it means.

Posts: 38 | Registered: May 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigp6:
quote:
I've had the same model that the OP has for some years now and I have never had extractor problems.

Ditto.

Put 150 rounds through it this weekend with no problems.