SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Finally got a P220 ST Added P226 .357 stainless
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally got a P220 ST Added P226 .357 stainless Login/Join 
posted

She's heavy but I like it. I will send to Robert Burke to get some work done and new sights.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blue Dog,

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Lots fewer dings than my ST. What work are you having done?

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thinking about the QTR similar to the SRT from sig. I've heard good things about it.

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:
Thinking about the QTR similar to the SRT from sig. I've heard good things about it.

The QTR is definitely better than the SRT. The SA reset point is shorter.
These pics compare the White LDC (with Burke's QTR) to the Black LDC (with factory SRT). Every point is shorter. The last two pics show the actual SA reset points. The Black one has since received the Burke's job, also.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Earlier model with the proprietary rail.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who has the P220 ST without the proprietary rail. He has the P220 .22lr exchange kit for it. As you would expect, the SS frame makes the .22lr very soft shooting.

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Blue Dog! It is a heavy gun but has very little recoil.

How do you like the Hogue aluminum grips? I put Rosewood grips on mine and it looks and feels so much better than the original Hogues.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
Congratulations Blue Dog! It is a heavy gun but has very little recoil.

How do you like the Hogue aluminum grips? I put Rosewood grips on mine and it looks and feels so much better than the original Hogues.

Those are G10 and I love them

posted Hide Post
Had one a while back for IDPA. My son, 15 at the time, really rocked that gun.
One of the ones I really regret parting with.

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
Had one a while back for IDPA. My son, 15 at the time, really rocked that gun.
One of the ones I really regret parting with.

SIG still shows the P220 Elite Stainless in their catalog.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I've had 2 of these with the early rail. I guess the same frames were used on the Sport model. There used to be available, a attachment for lights and lasers. Havn't seen those in some time now. All the talk of its internal extractor but mine never missed a beat. That P220 would group the ejected brass on the ground. One great 45 there.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Beautiful LDCs 12131.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I have two. You’ll like it for sure.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Be prepared for extractor issues.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Be prepared for extractor issues.

Bruce Gray and Gray Guns has that covered if needed. https://grayguns.com/gunsmith-...-internal-extractor/
For $200 it almost seems a mandatory upgrade.

Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
I haven't had any issue with mine and I like it a lot

Bill

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SiGagain,

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Zero issues so far with my old ST

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I've had the same model that the OP has for some years now and I have never had extractor problems.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
I love my P220 SME...

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! 220STs are great!
Got a 2003 LTT custom from Ernest (awesome guy) and picked up the Ernest Langdon model from 2004 (sorry, still don't do pics). Internal extractors, thousands of rounds down range flawlessly.
They are heavy, but nothing a good belt and holster can't remedy. The 5 Shot Leather SME works great AIWB; especially if you have back concerns.

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post