SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New 320 Grip Module Received Yesterday...Questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New 320 Grip Module Received Yesterday...Questions Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 269 | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Here's the photo you're trying to post:

So what are your questions?

If it's about the two different slide lock lever areas, the black grip module on top is a Gen 2. It's designed to use the newer, smaller slide lock. The neon green grip module on the bottom is a Gen 1. It's for the older, larger slide lock lever, but works just fine with the newer slide lock as well.

If you need a newer Gen 2 slide lock lever to work with the black grip module, you can get in touch with Sig Customer Service. For a time, they were giving them away free of charge for people with the older slide lock levers. I don't know if that's still the case. Otherwise, you can purchase a new slide lock lever from various online retailers.

Here are some example photos.

Gen 1 grip module and larger Gen 1 slide lock lever:

Gen 1 grip module and smaller Gen 2 slide lock lever:

Gen 2 grip module and smaller Gen 2 slide lock lever:

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jesus Rogue !!!! Stay out of my head!!! Was trying to edit and must have posted anyway. And yes that was essentially the the question. so now I guess I have to spend money on the smaller release. Wish I would have known but I really though it was determined that both combo worked... new/old-old/new...also as a side note, I ordered this also as an experiment last week to see if, in light of the issues and possible modifications needed, SIG would ship it and if it was different from what I have now. There is no difference other than the slide release cuts that are visible so...either the upgrade will not affect the grip module OR they shipped me this one knowing full well it was going to need to be modified...

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tompow:
Wish I would have known but I really though it was determined that both combo worked... new/old-old/new...

Unfortunately, no. They're backwards compatible, so a new lever will work with an old grip. But the old levers only work with the old grips.

quote:
also as a side note, I ordered this also as an experiment last week to see if, in light of the issues and possible modifications needed, SIG would ship it and if it was different from what I have now. There is no difference other than the slide release cuts that are visible so...either the upgrade will not affect the grip module OR they shipped me this one knowing full well it was going to need to be modified...

It's my understanding that the grip modules aren't affected and won't be modified as part of the upgrade. Just the FCU and slide.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAG_SE
posted Hide Post
If that's a full size grip mod, I'll gladly take it off your hands Big Grin

Posts: 54 | Registered: August 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
so now I guess I have to spend money on the smaller release.

The smaller release is packaged with the new grip module in the factory box. It will be in Sig plastic bag. If not there, it was removed by the seller.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
The smaller release is packaged with the new grip module in the factory box. It will be in Sig plastic bag. If not there, it was removed by the seller.

In my experience, not all newer grip modules come packaged with a new slide lock lever. Even ones ordered from trustworthy sellers, or Sig itself.

And as the OP stated in his second post, the grip module was ordered directly from Sig. I don't think they're stealing their own parts. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
quote:
so now I guess I have to spend money on the smaller release.

Anush...yep. Ordered direct and just talked to them and they said should have been in there but it wasn't. The rep was "god those guys are killing me" when i told him it wasn't. either way all good.. he sent me one while on the phone...

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
If it doesn't show up for some reason, let me know. I've got a couple of those still in the plastic stuffed in drawers around here somewhere.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be glad you talked to that guy. The guy I talked to charged me 30 bucks for that piece. Now I got a bunch because I got into stippling and I bought extra grip mods to play with. If only they came with the gen2 takedown lever. The gen1 that came with one of mine is a thumb killer.

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P320C I bought came with the Gen 1 slide stop and grip module, but the full size grip module I bought later was Gen 2 and came with the new slide stop in the box.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Be glad you talked to that guy. The guy I talked to charged me 30 bucks for that piece. Now I got a bunch because I got into stippling and I bought extra grip mods to play with. If only they came with the gen2 takedown lever. The gen1 that came with one of mine is a thumb killer.

I'm sure he was happy to send it free as i started the conversation with " you're going to be happy to hear I'm calling to bitch about something other than the recall" which he was !!!

posted Hide Post
I bought a FDE large, full-size grip directly from Sig and it came with the slide stop kit. Fortunately I didn't need it as my 320 is brand new. This must be costing Sig some money though if they are including these kits with the module.

"Momma say's the pistol is the Devil's right hand."

Posts: 694 | Location: Ontario | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought 2 grips from Sig and neither one had the slide release.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post