SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you haven't purchased one of the Sportsman's Guide Glock 37...maybe you should
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you haven't purchased one of the Sportsman's Guide Glock 37...maybe you should Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Got mine today. Came from Minneapolis/South St. Paul. Its a great gun for $269

Posts: 146 | Location: South Texas  | Registered: August 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10round:
The 45GAP looks like a great ground and a good use of modern powders to reduce case length. To bad it never caught on.

People seem to like the idea of new cartridges but they only like the idea.

A few years ago someone started a thread here about the future of revolvers and what innovations we might see. Several people posted ideas about new cartridges that could allow revolvers to have greater capacity. It was interesting to read because just a few years earlier the .327 Fed Mag had been released. A cartridge that could achieve greater power levels than the .38 +P and only slightly under .357 mag but in .32 caliber which allowed for more cartridges in the same package.

Well, you probably know about the .327 Fed Mag. It has gained a bit of a resurgence but as much as people like the idea of new cartridges in practice not very many want to buy them or the guns chambered in them.

I am as guilty as anyone. I had a chance to buy a pair of .45 GAP pistols at a very good price a few years ago and passed. I already have a Glock 19 and am happy with the 9mm and I also own a 1911 so have a .45 caliber.

I do own one of the first Ruger .327 SP101s though. Fantastic little gun and cartridge.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No matter what it is, some guy is going to have his own preferences and then "mine is the best and yours is stupid".

I did not like the idea of a new caliber. I have enough. I didn't even care to have a .40 when they first came out. I've spent the last 5 years consolidating and organizing my armory to eliminate having to have 20 different ammo supplies.

I am old school, too;
I do not like plastic,
I do not like square,
I do not like striker fired pistols,
I do not like trigger safeties.

I am willing to experiment and evolve, but there is no way I would ever pay $500+ for a gun that had so many things about it I don't like. I was never even the least bit attracted to the Glock brand.

But, when I saw the price, I thought it would be a chance to see what all the fuss was about. So, for a total of $259.00 + $25 FFL transfer fee, I now have a Glock in my safe. It will probably end up in an ammo box with a couple hundred rounds. Or, I might decide to sell it.
Or I might decide to trade it. At that price, I could afford to give it away. I might decide to get the .40 cal exchange set for it and see what it's like to shoot a .40.
And then I might get it Cerakoted. I don't know what will become of it. But now I have a piece that I can play with and not be afraid to alter it. It was cheap and I might even find out I like it.

Posts: 146 | Location: South Texas  | Registered: August 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
For many agencies, especially larger ones, gun selections are based around dollars and cents.

And when Glock comes around offering free guns, the bean counters' pants get tight.

Not only that, but there are a lot of departments that don’t even qualify yearly. Ammo prices of GAP aren’t bad if you never burn ammo unless it’s at a BG. Less than 300 an Officer for a duty weapon is a yuge savings, albeit not a smart one.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TargetSportsUSA has 45Gap for $12.99/box. If you buy a case, shipping is free.

Posts: 1150 | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:
Not only that, but there are a lot of departments that don’t even qualify yearly. Ammo prices of GAP aren’t bad if you never burn ammo unless it’s at a BG.

You're saying there are states out there that don't require all certified law enforcement officers to qualify with their firearms at least once a year?

Please let me know which ones. I'm not aware of any...

(And certainly not "a lot".)

Even if there were states that didn't specifically require annual qualifications at a minimum, it would be a massive liability for a department to never train or qualify with their firearms. The first time they got into a questionable shooting (or hell, any shooting), attorneys would eat their lunch.

Deliberate failure to train like that would leave the department wide open to 1983 liability.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have heard that it is very difficult to load the Glock 37 magazines with the full 10-round capacity. Can any Glock 37 owners tell me if that is true or not?

Posts: 151 | Location: Stone Mountain, GA | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not heard that, I wonder where that came from? I read a lot of reviews between the time I ordered mine and the time I received it, and did not come across that criticism.

I just got mine and have not taken it to the range yet, but my mag loads just fine, (I use the UpLULA). Mine accepts a full load, it snaps into the gun, and it loads and ejects just fine when I rack the slide. It's pretty smooth, but like I said, I haven't fired it yet.

Maybe I just got lucky.

posted Hide Post
Thanks, Texas@Last. Maybe it was a case of a reviewer who had glitches with his mags. Thank you for letting me know about your success with yours. It may have been that the guy who wrote the review I read (I don't remember where now) was having problems, but nobody else is.

Posts: 151 | Location: Stone Mountain, GA | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I might mention this too, I only got one mag with the gun.

I ordered two more and when I get them, I may find there is a problem. honestly though, the mag is very well put together so I don't expect any problems. I will update if I find a problem.