SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Kahr CM9 or...?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kahr CM9 or...? Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
What I recommend when you get it is this- put some work gloves on, take the mag out and rack the heck out of it for as long as you can stand- and don't be gentle. Do this at least a few times before taking it out and live firing it, as well as locking the slide back and leaving it that way overnight or for a couple of nights. This should loosen it up and work it in a bit, and hopefully you will have no issues during the regular factory-recommended break-in procedure.

Sound advice. I picked up my brand new CM9 from my FFL about 3 weeks ago.Very tight out of the box. Racked the hell out of it one afternoon. Noticeably looser for sure. Then off to the range a few days later after even more racking. Ate everything I fed it up around 200 rounds. No problems whatsoever.
I've never had any problems with Kahr's. I had a P45 until it was taken by DCMPD. I"ve had a CW45 for a while now,and Now this CM9. YMMV with a Kahr's performance, but they are good to go for me.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post