SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    10mm Legion question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10mm Legion question Login/Join 
When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted
Sig's website is listing it with an alloy frame.

I was under the impression the 10mm's were SS.

Which is correct?

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Good question, but assuming that by “SS” you’re referring to stainless steel, it too is an alloy—as are all steels.

When aluminum first became common as the primary metal in certain pistol frames, it was obviously thought that that would seem cheap and flimsy to the ignorant, so gun magazine article writers evidently decided to call it “alloy” even though that word refers to any mixture of metal and other substances.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47408 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of musc
posted Hide Post
The frame and slide are stainless on the 10mm.

Posts: 93 | Location: SC | Registered: January 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fishjager
posted Hide Post

The magnet will stick both to slide and frame on mine.

Posts: 1341 | Location: North of Seattle | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Serious side arm right there. Is there a SA model also ?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post