SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 Sport-N - Found One
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 Sport-N - Found One Login/Join 
Picture of mcs1564
posted
After having just missed one that sold here earlier this year, I've been keeping an occasional eye out for a P220 Sport-N.

I recently came across two. One used in good condition and another that's advertised as being unfired ANIB. Not sure about the used one, but, the other appears to be complete including the cardboard case sleeve.

Does anyone have an idea of what fair prices would be for them?

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mcs1564,

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
That NIB Sport N P220 is beautiful, but I'm not sure I want to fork out $2500 asking price for it.

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
That NIB Sport N P220 is beautiful, but I'm not sure I want to fork out $2500 asking price for it.

Indeed. Too high for me to even want to throw out an offer. Nonetheless, it did get me thinking as to what they should go for.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
That is quite a bit of money

I love my P220 Sport Stock, but I do not think I would go that high for one

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sport N's are rarer than hen's teeth, and you say you are looking at 2? What do they want for them? Given the rarity, they are most likely worth what they are asking.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These were a special run a few years back of parts guns. $850 I think. I just about bought one, but the reviews were hit and miss. My understanding is that they are not in the same league as the other "sport" pistols.

Posts: 186 | Registered: July 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
That seems way too high. I sold one a couple of years back and the going price then was around $1200 I think. Maybe they are higher now, but I would say $1400-$1600 max. They did have issues with the triggers sliding around and incorrect recoil springs. I had to send mine back and I got the AEP done while it was there since the factory trigger wasn't that hot either.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobC2:
That seems way too high. I sold one a couple of years back and the going price then was around $1200 I think. Maybe they are higher now, but I would say $1400-$1600 max. They did have issues with the triggers sliding around and incorrect recoil springs. I had to send mine back and I got the AEP done while it was there since the factory trigger wasn't that hot either.

The used one is currently listed for $1500. I need to get some more details and pics, but, was thinking that $1200-$1400 might be correct for it.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

posted Hide Post
$1500 seems reasonable. I just bought a Ford Truck, new off the lot, for $33245. My mom paid @ $2800 for the same truck. Her's was 30 years older or so, didn't have backup camera, didn't have...mmmm, aluminum body, Howard Stern on the satellite radio...etc etc....but essentially, the price has gone up. She was paying under a buck for gas....I think, it's been a while so who really knows. But less than the $2.79 I just paid.

Anyway, Sigs, and everything else, have been creeping up. I saw the P220 Scorpion for under $700 brand new the other day. phenomenal deal. But that's not a sport N. Why not offer $1300 and see? How much do they want for the unused one?

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
How much do they want for the unused one?

$2500

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

posted Hide Post
$2500? That seems the other side of absurd. You can pick up P210s in that range of scratch and X5 all-arounds for less. They might get it anyway if someone wants it bad enough though....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jimb888,

posted Hide Post
quote:
These were a special run a few years back of parts guns. $850 I think. I just about bought one, but the reviews were hit and miss. My understanding is that they are not in the same league as the other "sport" pistols.

Mine came with a 8mm trigger in a 10mm slot. Replaced trigger & recoil spring. Very tight gun, so much that failure to fully chamber was a constant problem. Very accurate, but still needed break in (disclosed) when I sold it. Nice gun - $2500, a bit much for a $850 gun.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
Nice gun - $2500, a bit much for a $850 gun.

Yep. I'd be willing to pony up a bit for it, but I doubt the seller would drop the price to something more reasonable, although probably still more than it's worth.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Send me an email. I may have what you want

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
Lucked out and was able to pick one up from a forum member at, what I thought, was a reasonable price. Thanks again, Mike!

Triple serial numbered, unfired, with the test target, cardboard sleeve, etc. It does have the 8mm trigger, but, I have a Grayguns P-P-STR8 trigger on order for it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mcs1564,

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

posted Hide Post
Congratulations, glad you found one.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I might have been too quick on the appraisal I noted upthread. Saw a P220 Sport with compensator (slight mark on it) one today on Armslist for $2600 and change. They are not making any more of these fine pistols, so it's buyer pays what they need too to get one and it's a collectors market. Hope your recent purchase brings you happiness! Mine do to me!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcs1564:
Lucked out and was able to pick one up from a forum member at, what I thought, was a reasonable price. Thanks again, Mike!

Triple serial numbered, unfired, with the test target, cardboard sleeve, etc. It does have the 8mm trigger, but, I have a Grayguns P-P-STR8 trigger on order for it.

Was the 8mm trigger wobbly on the ANIB gun?

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Yes it was.

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cherokee2u:
Yes it was.

Thanks...by any chance do you have a pic of the trigger? No problem if not...I better check the trigger on the one that I have, can't say I noticed it when I got it awhile back.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post