SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Para Ordnance info
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Para Ordnance info Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I've seen many of them malfunction at matches. Big Grin

I had an acquaintance who's Para spent more time at Para than it did with him.

Right when Para "ceased to be" I bought an "Elite Hunter" 10mm Long Slide. I KNEW I shouldn't, but I was hoping against hope that they'd changed, and read so much about how they improved the quality in recent times. As I suspected, that was all bullshit.
The gun look great. Some cheaper MIM parts, but it looked nice and was one of the tightest 1911's I'd ever owned at that point.

It ended up being the most inaccurate 1911 I've ever fired. Probably the most inaccurate semi auto I've ever owned. Testing various hand loads, did a great trigger job, a new custom tight barrel bushing, even an old school "group gripper", nothing helped it. Almost ALL the ammo I fired through it was in batches of 5-10 rounds, testing various hand loads trying different bullet, powder, load combinations trying to get it to shoot. No dice. Any off the shelf plastic service pistol would have made it look bad.
And in about 450 rounds it had become the loosest 1911 I'd ever owned. It went from very tight to rattle trap. I sold it, with disclosure, for less than half what I paid. My fault, I knew better.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
The Rock Island 3.10 will be hitting the distributors any time now. I think it will scratch my Warthog itch. Lots of interesting replies... I appreciate them!

https://armscor.com/firearms/ria/bbr-series/BBR-3.10

Just a tad larger than my Colt New Agent .45acp, but with a 10+1 capacity, and at half the price. I would like it if they would ditch the sights.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a Para TAC4 with the LDA trigger. It was a jam-o-matic until I replaced all the magazine springs with new ones from Wolff. After that it functioned perfectly.
I remember it was nicely finished on the outside but a bit rough on the inside.
The LDA trigger was very smooth and light, just a bit long.

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred! - Henry Cabot Henhouse III, aka "SuperChicken"

Posts: 132 | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I owned several Para-ords, and don't have any now. They all ran fine. It was blocky, but I had a 10-40 that ran great, and a p13-45 that shot fine.

At the time, a double stack .45 seemed blocky. Now, they're all the rage.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post