SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anybody have a VP9 Tactical?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody have a VP9 Tactical? Login/Join 
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted
If so how are you liking it? Have read the numerous good reviews of the VP9 (have shot one once and enjoyed it). Wondering how it suppresses.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As soon as PSA ships mine I'll let you know. I heard reports of the standard VP9 being under spring for suppression and forcing the shooter to hand cycle even with a piston but I can't give you first hand knowledge until it arrives and I can crank on my Trident.

For the current price and deal that's running I'm not sure you can go wrong.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Not the tactical version but I had a threaded barrel for my original VP9 and original spring and had no issues with cycling any of my 115, 124, 147, 165 gr rounds when using a suppressor.

Of course the PSA deal is awesome. Really hard not to pick up another VP9.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KY gun company is selling Silencerco threaded barrels for the VP9 for $99. I suppose that'd be the cheapest way to turn your VP9 into a tactical model. (They also have $50 MP5 mags as well).

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is HK still offering the 4 free mags summer deal?

Posts: 132 | Registered: December 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BDMF:
Is HK still offering the 4 free mags summer deal?

On purchases made from July 1, 2017 to September 30, 2017. Submission must be made no later than October 31, 2017.

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tenmm
posted Hide Post
Between PSAs price and the magazine deal, I may have to get another VP9.

Posts: 760 | Location: Alaska | Registered: December 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staple Gun Extraordinaire!
Picture of sig-x
posted Hide Post
Are they offering the tactical in gray yet?

Posts: 9949 | Location: SE MI | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Running the Ghost on mine in the AM

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well its a mixed bag.

Pistol arrived and I played with the different grips which is a fantastic feature. After drifting the pin for the grip panels, I holstered and then drew until I found a combo that seemed to index naturally settling on a small left and rear panel with a large swell on the right. Sounds weird but it sank into my hand perfectly in gloves and grabbing it from different angles and the sights seem to pop up aligned each time. Certainly not scientific but it seemed to work fine. It felt very nice in the hand.

I took it to the range and only had a few boxes of Fiocchi 158 subs to work with. I popped on my Trident9 for half a box and half were without.

Unfortunately I had multiple issues with FTE and FTF with some spectacular nosedives. It basically turned into a single shot with a mag drop commonly following each trigger pull. The most common was a partially extracted case with the next round jammed into it coming up the ramp. There were also a few shots where it spit like an angry camel which isn't unheard of for many guns I've shot suppressed but it certainly stood out as a pretty good shower.

Some things to note about the above as its certainly not great.

1. 158s are specifically good for running quiet in cans but as such don't have a ton of powder in them. I'd like to try again with 147s and maybe some 124s which wont be subs. I'll say my X5T and Legion 226 have ran 158s without issue so its possible it may not be the ammo. I'll try to post back when I get some different ammo. I watched a review from MAC on YouTube where he clearly stated he had issues running a VP9 suppressed but I didn't see any updates on the VP9T.

2. Right or wrong I strip new pistols and often lube them more liberally before their first range trip in the belief that it keeps any surfaces from running dry against each other during the initial firing. I keep it out of the FP channel of course. Its possible this may have lead to the heavy amount of crud to the face. I do wonder however if some of the debris may have had an easier exit from the FP witness hole in the rear. I run standard lube on subsequent trips so I'll report back on that too. Should I keep it, I will likely purchase one of the aftermarket plates I've seen.

3. As I purchased it with a lean towards it being a nightstand gun I ran an X400 on it and I wonder if the added weight up front was an issue. I'll try it with and without on my next trip as well.

Despite that, if I can get it to run I'll be really high on it mostly due to the feel in my hand and good trigger. The reset is a bit longer than I'd like but especially for a striker its not a bad trigger at all. I think the additional side plates are a great feature and really allow you to do some serious fitting of the gun. I love the paddle release and wish it were more popular though I understand people liking the standard button as well. Sadly I was able to get solid practice popping the mag out and it was very intuitive to simply slide my trigger finger down. The night sights seemed well set up and nice. Aiming through the can while not the best was still effective and I was able to keep all shots inside the bullseye on the target I was shooting. Hope this helps and it is only my experience not the whole. I'm happy to answer any other Qs you have and I'm curious to hear others experience as well.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post