SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    nightsight options/suggestions (for p320)

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
nightsight options/suggestions (for p320) Login/Join 
posted
I recently got a P320 Carry in 9mm. Best handgun (for me) I've ever owned.

However, as mine did not come with nightsights, I'm in the market.

On various guns I've owned over the years, I've used Truglo, Trijicon, and various Siglites. I have not used Meprolight. [Does anyone have an opinion, by the way, about the FT Bullseye sights?]

Are there other options out there? Recommendations?

Happiness is a warm gun.

Posts: 444 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Trijicon's HD red front.

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Report This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
I like the Ameriglo's and Trijicon HD's with orange front.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Report This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Trijicon HD's are the cats meow!

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Trijicon HDs, orange front.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Report This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
I put Ameriglo CAP sights (orange) on my G34, and have since ordered 2 more sets for my 19 and 21.

The ameriglo sights are an excellent option at less than half the cost of Trijicon HDs (most anyway. Some are more expensive).

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have HDs on my subcompact and really like them. If you can afford they are hard to beat.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Trijicon HDs with the orange front sight. I didn't realize how important the choice of sights was until the eyes started aging and I needed progressives. Ahhh, lost youth...

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 29, 2016Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
One of my P320s has Trijicon HDs (yellow front), and the other has Sig X-ray sights.

I have HDs on several other pistols, but on the P320, I think I slightly prefer the X-rays.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Trijicons HD's do have the added bonus of doubling as a pocket knife in your side (rear sight) at no extra cost. I much prefer Ameriglo.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Trijicons HD's do have the added bonus of doubling as a pocket knife in your side (rear sight) at no extra cost. I much prefer Ameriglo.

Big Grin

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
Trijicon HD's are GTG, orange or yellow/green front either way.

Sig XRay sight area also and excellent option. They are very much like the Trijicon HD's but without the height.

That is the one thing I don't particularly like about the HD's on the Sig platform, they are pretty high.

I came up with my own version, that works very well. I remove the coating from the factory Sig rear night sights, and black out the white ring, then re do the coating. Then I swap out the factory front night sight for an Ameriglo Pro Glo, Yellow is my preferred color. Poor mans version of the HD's or Xray sights.

Sorry for the crappy photo, but you get the idea.

And my other 320, same setup, but with orange fronts.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I've now replaced all my EDC pistols (H&K's & Sigs) with the Triji HD's in orange. They are hands down the best defensive sight I've ever used, and I've tried quite a few. One thing I still might do is switch to a completely blacked out, no lamp rear sight for quicker acquisition of FS in low light.

Posts: 68 | Location: Great State of Jefferson (Nor CA) | Registered: December 01, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Another nod to trijicon hd's with the orange front sight.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rgesfire:
One thing I still might do is switch to a completely blacked out, no lamp rear sight for quicker acquisition of FS in low light.

I have Ameriglo UC sights on a couple of my Glocks, which are basically exactly what you've described... HD-style front night sight (yellow or orange) with a blacked-out U notch rear.

I like them a lot. Unfortunately, they're currently only available for Glock pistols.

https://ameriglo.com/products/glock-uc-tritium-sets

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a set of Sig X-Ray sights with the square rear window for my P320F 45acp. I work at a gun shop and have sold a bunch of Legions. My 53 year old eyes really pick up the X-Ray front sight.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10446 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Report This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
So what's the deal with the aftermarket Sig sights? Some say the sight number which is no problem but some say they don't work on the P320 or P250 yet they work on the P226 etc. Doesn't Sig use the same dovetail and sights?

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Report This Post