SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone have any experience with a Nosler Model 48?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have any experience with a Nosler Model 48? Login/Join 
posted
Wasn't sure if this should be posted here or better served in the rifle room, but technically it's considered a handgun.

Kinda interesting. Definitely spendy, particularly after the glass is added on. But I'm sitting on a decent supply of 6.5 Creedmoor. And I do find its lack of size compared to a regular rifle appealing. Certainly less bulky height-wise than a AR-10 build would be, IF I could even find a decent barrel and most importantly a upper receiver to match the spare lower I have (PSA Gen2) for such a build.

From Nosler's website:

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s a nice Contender you have there. lol

Seriously, looks like quality.

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I would study what such a short barrel would do to your cartridge choices before buying.

Posts: 9955 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Channeling the XP-100. I would look over and compare it to a T/C Contender or Encore if that type of format interested me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reminds me I need to take the XP-100 out of the safe and put a few rounds down range. I really appreciate the balance having the grip below the action, particularly with a longer barrel.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slight thread derail:
I just watched a Netflix documentary where some dude claimed he fired the shot that killed JFK and he used an XP-100 to do it with.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I had no idea Nosler made guns! Thanks for the info.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a Savage Striker in 22-250 with a Burris 2-7X32 pistol scope.

It was fun to shoot but loud. I took a few feral hogs and deer with it and then traded for the newly released SIG P220ST (1st version on the sport stock frame).

It was an interesting pistol and filled a niche for me in handgun hunting that year.

I still have that P220ST.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
I would study what such a short barrel would do to your cartridge choices before buying.

Always the interesting question when the subject of those pistols comes up. I'm planning on getting a 7.62x39 barrel for the T/C frame in the house at some point (can't remember who here recommended MGM, but that turned out to be a no-brainer), but I got lost in a series of panics that I'm still trying to climb out of. I would dearly love a Winchester in 7-30 if ammo and brass were more available (too lazy to form my own brass), but the silhouette people absolutely loved that cartridge in pistols of that type. The trick, I guess, is to make the most of the least velocity loss.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post