SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So HK USA still doesn't love us...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So HK USA still doesn't love us... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
HK does love us, that's why they wont give us a pistol with an inferior mag release. The VP9 was just to late the game. Walther basically made the VP9 before HK got around to it and as it's been mentioned before, it just doesn't have enough going for it to stand out from the best in the crowd.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3523 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highlander81:
We always look at department and military purchases as big influencers on the civilian market. US mil purchases the P320 and we know civilian sales of that model will get a boost.

I believe the reverse is also true. In another thread jljones mentioned his efforts to upgrade his organizations pistols. The gun guys in any organization write the memos and influence purchases and advances in equipment. HK by not responding to market demands ends up being ignored (not personally purchased for example) by those influencers. And those same gun guys are usually delivering training. When you need to qualify large numbers of officers on a pistol things like paddle vs button mag releases matter.

By ignoring the civilian market, HK reduces its ability to get its pistols into organizations as an issue item.

HK does nothing but design guns for governmental/LE contracts, mainly in Europe.

The difference is that such contracts are on state or federal level. (And they tend not to be every two, three years for no reason)

That's why the P2000 and P30 were introduced. Even the VP9 has seen adoption in several German states.

Posts: 184 | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Yeah, it indicates that in general there is a huge glut of firearms. I saw crazy prices at LGS factory shioot last weekend. Heck they even had a couple pallets of CCI Mini Mags .22 LR.

There are hundreds of thousands of AR's in warhehouses in TX, manufactured, bought, and stored, in preparation for someone else winning POTUS. Someone lost their ass betting wrong. Dems sell firearms like there is no tomorrow. Expect to see great deals on many things for the next few years. The seller's market is now a buyers market. Ebb and flow. After the few years of ammo scarcity and alarming prices I'm happy to see things calm down, and hope they remain that way for as long as possible.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where are these below costs VP9? I don't plan on buying one or anything. Just uh...research verification.

Posts: 907 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The catalog that shall not be named was selling VP9s for $399 at Christmas. Hard to say no to that deal, so I didn't. Nice pistol, but against my G17 I would take the glock, but by a small margin.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I like everything about HK's except the mag release. It's a deal breaker for me.

Im not interested in the vp9, but if I could get the P30 family and 45 family with button mag release...well buy at least 4 HK's tomorrow.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
What's funny is if I could I would put the HK mag release on every pistol I own. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
The catalog that shall not be named was selling VP9s for $399 at Christmas.

Did it have a legible serial number? Smile

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post