SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So HK USA still doesn't love us...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So HK USA still doesn't love us... Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
HK Europe lists a VP9 model with a traditional US style magazine release on the handle. ( http://www.heckler-koch.com/en...roduct-overview.html ),
[IMG:left] [/IMG]
(Click on the picture to enlarge)
Unfortunately, according to an e-mail I received from HK USA yesterday, they have no plans to sell this model in the US. I won't pretend to understand why a company wouldn't want to expand their product line but that's HK for now.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Yeah that's strange. I prefer the paddle release but more people are used to the button. I don't see why they won't release it here. ???

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I am guessing they probably will. I am sure they are aware of how sales of the PPQ increased one Walther came out with the M2 version. I would like to see the safety versions of the VP9 also.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
. . . and firms on the Internet are selling VP9 for below wholesale. Indicates something.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it indicates that in general there is a huge glut of firearms. I saw crazy prices at LGS factory shioot last weekend. Heck they even had a couple pallets of CCI Mini Mags .22 LR.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
VP9...sales of the current models have slowed to a crawl for us. A button release might help, but the power of YT "torture tests" have had a role in the slowdown, based on comments I've had from potential customers. Guess a bunch of our patrons plan on rolling around in the muck like pigs, or own swamp buggies. Roll Eyes

I'm just waiting for HK to start accepting orders for the SP5K again. I've got several customers that want them, but HK has put the kibosh on further orders, at least for now.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
So you won't sell "US style" mag releases in the US? Seems like a smart plan...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
So you won't sell "US style" mag releases in the US? Seems like a smart plan...

It seems so.

On Mar 21, 2017, at 6:22 AM, Customer Service <cs@heckler-koch-us.com> wrote:

"BB61",

That will not be released in the US. Those are only sold overseas.

THank You
HK Customer Service Team
5675 Transport Blvd.
Columbus, GA 31907
Tel: (706) 568-1906 ext 6551
Fax: (706) 568-9151
Hours: M-F 8:30 - 4:30 EST
www.hk-usa.com

To: cs@heckler-koch-us.com
Date: 03/20/2017 03:08 PM
Subject: HK VP9

Good morning,

H&K's European website shows a VP9 model with the traditional "US" configuration of having the magazine release button on the frame/handle and not the traditional H&K paddle release lever in the trigger guard. My question is whether or not H&K USA will be importing/selling the new model? If so, is there an estimated release date for sale in the US?

Thank you.

BB61

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
WOW. Thanks for the update from HK. I was looking forward to a safety model VP9SK.

A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it is the case here, but there are some weird import/export rules. Like Glock making G19's with serrated triggers so they can be considered target models thus easing ATF scrutiny. (or so I've been lead to beleive) So maybe HK is waiting for ATF to clear the models with the US style mag release.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
There are different cocking "wings" on this model shown also.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
So HK USA still doesn't love us...

HK never did.

HK never will.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

HK never did.

HK never will.

"You suck and we hate you"
-H&K

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

HK never did.

HK never will.

"You suck and we hate you"
-H&K

I get that a lot.

Maybe my wife works there.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still trying to figure out why they haven't come out with a new single stack yet. They already have plenty of compact double stacks.

Posts: 29 | Registered: December 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
Is H&K the Colt of Europe?

Best days of the company are apparently behind it with a product line made of of premium-priced goods that are largely irrelevant to the mainstream.

Frown

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TooTech:Best days of the company are apparently behind it with a product line made of of premium-priced goods that are largely irrelevant to the mainstream.

The placement of the mag release renders a pistol irrelevant? Seems a bit harsh.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TooTech:
Is H&K the Colt of Europe?

Best days of the company are apparently behind it with a product line made of of premium-priced goods that are largely irrelevant to the mainstream.

Frown

They seem to have a similar story line, don't they? It would benefit them to more aggressively court civilian buyers so that they are not so dependent on government contracts and manufacturing licenses.

When it comes to civilians, they may just be concerned about loosing money due to sudden acts of congress limiting civilian access to firearms. It's happened to them in the past and they lost big bucks.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of highlander81
posted Hide Post
We always look at department and military purchases as big influencers on the civilian market. US mil purchases the P320 and we know civilian sales of that model will get a boost.

I believe the reverse is also true. In another thread jljones mentioned his efforts to upgrade his organizations pistols. The gun guys in any organization write the memos and influence purchases and advances in equipment. HK by not responding to market demands ends up being ignored (not personally purchased for example) by those influencers. And those same gun guys are usually delivering training. When you need to qualify large numbers of officers on a pistol things like paddle vs button mag releases matter.

By ignoring the civilian market, HK reduces its ability to get its pistols into organizations as an issue item.

Posts: 444 | Location: Southern Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by TooTech:Best days of the company are apparently behind it with a product line made of of premium-priced goods that are largely irrelevant to the mainstream.

The placement of the mag release renders a pistol irrelevant? Seems a bit harsh.

My point is more expansive than that. H&K used to deliver products that were standouts in their design and reliability. In today's market H&K has been equaled if not eclipsed by other companies' designs, and equaled and likely eclipsed in reliability.

What does H&K offer that bests the products of companies like Glock and SIG and justifies prices that are generally higher?

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post