SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So....I bought some glocks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So....I bought some glocks Login/Join 
Picture of wolffy88
posted
I decided to buy a 34 as my new race gun, I'm starting to like it. Trigger is a little mushy, or compared to my now gone 320 race gun. Anyway, here she is.
I like the shit out of that Agency barrel. Really a nice product.
I do like the parts availability that glocks have, you can get some wild stuff.
Anyway, this is just my fun gun.

I also bought a 19FS, and I really like the front serrations on that one. It's stock otherwise, minus the glock night sights.

-wolff

"In the absence of light, darkness prevails." - Professor Bruttenholm

Posts: 2103 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What does the Agency barrel do for it ?

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:

Look like a million bucks. That's why I bought it, simply cause I like how it looks.
But I'd imagine it's more accurate because it's a more solid lock up, the barrel doesn't move at all while the factory barrel has some play. Also the agency barrel has a crown, the factory barrel doesn't. But it's solely a looks purchase for me.

-wolff

Posts: 2103 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolffy88:
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:

Look like a million bucks. That's why I bought it, simply cause I like how it looks.
But I'd imagine it's more accurate because it's a more solid lock up, the barrel doesn't move at all while the factory barrel has some play. Also the agency barrel has a crown, the factory barrel doesn't. But it's solely a looks purchase for me.

Very cool, I have a 34 and 2 17's. I don't love them, but I really like them. I wonder what the actual accuracy differences are with after market barrels as compared to stock? And would it make much difference to a competitive or even average shooter? I appreciate the fact that you said you bought it cuz it looks cool. I think it looks cool, too!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The 34 is a laser beam. Glock triggers, just shoot the hell out of them and they become second nature.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder what the actual accuracy differences are with after market barrels as compared to stock?

I couldn't say because the gun has a whopping 34 rounds through it, until tomorrow that is, and none out of the factory barrel.
Tomorrow I may test the accuracy between the agency and the factory barrel, but I doubt my simply bench resting it will show much difference.

-wolff

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Looking at the first pic, I was about to suggest a Salient trigger, but it looks like you have swapped the trigger out in the last one.

The contrasting controls add a nice touch.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
That is one hell of a sexy pistol! I love the color contrast.

Parts list?

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Looking at the first pic, I was about to suggest a Salient trigger, but it looks like you have swapped the trigger out in the last one.

The contrasting controls add a nice touch.

Yes those first pics were before the trigger arrived. That is an Apex trigger. I like the feel of the trigger face, but I'd think a Sailent would be nicer, but I'm not sure if it retains the factory safeties.

Thank you.

-wolff

Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
That is one hell of a sexy pistol! I love the color contrast.

Parts list?

H&K-Guy

Thank you much.

Warren Competition Sights
Agency Mid line barrel
Stainless guide rod assembly
Apex Trigger and gen 3 bar
Ghost Pro 3.3 connector and spring kit
Cruxord mag release, really like that thing.
Zev Pro Plus magwell
Grip force adapter
Stainless pin kit
Stainless slide lock lever
And a Lasers Edge galactic empire rear slide cover

All the trigger parts got polished
The aluminum parts got sandblasted and the slide release got painted.
Also I mirriored the barrel crown, agency says it's polished, but it's really just a blasted finish like the rest of the barrel. I bought a blem barrel and the damn blems were in the crown lol. But they polished out nicely.

I think that's it.

Tomorrow's range day she will get put to work.

-wolff

No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Me likey. Me wanty.

Thank you for the list. Maybe this will be my next Grail gun.

Let us know how she does at the range.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolffy88:

Love that pic!!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Love that pic!!

Thank you. The Agency barrel is really nicely made. I'm rather impressed for $157 shipped for the blem version, which is about $50 off the non blem price.

I'll post some accuracy tests between the two later today.

bb code image

-wolff

posted Hide Post
Have you shot the gun/barrel already from those pics or is that the "blem" issue? Either way, they make some good barrels and cosmetics wouldn't bother me. Nice looking pistol.

On a side note, it is amazing to me at how much of a difference a quality magwell offers a more solid grip on the gun compared to one without it,like yours. Which one is that? I have a TTI,very similar to yours, and every time someone handles it, the first thing they say is how much better it feels with the magwell on it. Nothing wrong with doing some customizing. Glocks are boring,not that it is entirely a bad thing, but I am glad many companies offer more parts for them now.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Have you shot the gun/barrel already from those pics or is that the "blem" issue? Either way, they make some good barrels and cosmetics wouldn't bother me. Nice looking pistol.

On a side note, it is amazing to me at how much of a difference a quality magwell offers a more solid grip on the gun compared to one without it,like yours. Which one is that? I have a TTI,very similar to yours, and every time someone handles it, the first thing they say is how much better it feels with the magwell on it. Nothing wrong with doing some customizing. Glocks are boring,not that it is entirely a bad thing, but I am glad many companies offer more parts for them now.

I had 34 rounds through the barrel in that pic plus about 500 dry fires. The barrel is really tight in the slide. The blem issue was three little nicks in the crown which is why it's polished so highly, I polished them out.

That is a Zev pro plus. I like it also.

This is at 20 yards, resting on a bag.

First is the Agency barrel, second is the factory barrel.

It looks like the factory barrel is a little more accurate, but I did this twice and the other set the Agency barrel had a tighter group. I'd imagine they are the same in terms of accuracy.

-wolff

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I put an Agency barrel in my latest G19 build. I'm just waiting on a few more parts and will see what this barrel can do.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I put an Agency barrel in my latest G19 build. I'm just waiting on a few more parts and will see what this barrel can do.

That's a good looking pistol.

Don't take my groups for good, I had shot about 300 rounds before I shot those groups, and they were a very busy 300 rounds. Lots of running and all, so I wasn't very focused.

-wolff