SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SAO Carry Gun: P229 Legion SAO or... CZ P01 omega from Cajun gun works with all the upgrades
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SAO Carry Gun: P229 Legion SAO or... CZ P01 omega from Cajun gun works with all the upgrades Login/Join 
Picture of Amurr
posted
Looking to pick up a SAO CCW. Would love the Wilson EDC X9 but at near 3k it’s not gonna happen. Consider one of the following:
Sig P229 Legion SAO
Or
CZ P01 omega from Cajun gun works done up the way I want it

Both come in at about the same price once I upgrade the CZ.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Amurr

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I have 3 Legion SAO's and they are the finest shooting handguns I have ever owned. I do not have a CZ but have fired them and in my opinion the safety is a bit cumbersome to operate when compared to the SIG.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both are nice guns, but I could never get used to the smaller gripping area on the slide of the CZ guns.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
The CZ is very nice but for me, the edge went to the Legion Sigs. I carry one on duty. Two others at work shot mine at the range one day and are now carrying ones of their own on duty.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:
The CZ is very nice but for me, the edge went to the Legion Sigs. I carry one on duty. Two others at work shot mine at the range one day and are now carrying ones of their own on duty.
What are you using for a duty holster?

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer CZ ergos to Sig. That said, I run a Colt Light Weight Wiley Clapp Commander in 9mm for my single action carry.

I've never owned a Sig Legion Sao, but was very impressed by the trigger when dry firing at the local shop. I had a CZ P-01 omega with some drop in Cajun Gunworks parts and traded it off as I found the safety to small and mushy in operation.

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig 229 Legion SAO all the way, not even close.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:
What are you using for a duty holster?

Safariland - not sure of the model number... it's their current offering with the open top (no bail) and just the thumb release. I've also got a Surefire X300 on it.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IANative
posted Hide Post
How 'bout an STI 2011? They can be had in single-stack (Staccato C) or double-stack (Staccato P, DVC-C, Guardian, etc.)

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
USN Veteran
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 446 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
I like them well enough but they are in the 2k+ range also no?

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IANative
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amurr:
I like them well enough but they are in the 2k+ range also no?

The Staccato C can be had for less than $1500, new.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
USN Veteran
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 446 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'm partial to the CZ.
The Sig is a fine pistol but to me the P01checks more boxes.
The Sig is HUGE compared to the CZ. Shooting them side by side you'd think the P229 was a 45. The Sig also feels like a Glock in comparison to the CZ's perfect ergonomics. With some CGW goodies you'll get a pistol that is in a league above the Legion.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lean more towards CZ, but you can't go wrong with either gun. I think you need to handle both and see which one feels and points the best to you and rent them (if you can) and put some rounds down range.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Legion SAO gets my nod

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SIG P-210 American standard for me

Posts: 51 | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post