SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    used p365 : year 2019
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

used p365 : year 2019 Login/Join 
posted
looking at a used p365 2019. awhile back i had read/heard the p365 had some issues coming out of the factory. i.e., striker, racking, trigger.

is the 2019 a good year for the p365 as far as those issues being corrected?

Posts: 21 | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
I believe the latest striker came out on them around August 2019. I'd look for something that date or newer if you're concerned. I have earlier ones that haven't had any issues. YMMV.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
Mine is Dec 2019 and is running without issues.

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 869 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
The last major complaint that IMHO had traction was about broken striker pins. Sig redesigned the striker and started shipping them out around late June 2018. This was also around the same time that Sig switched to smaller gray cases w/ flip-up latches and egg crate foam instead of black cases w/ gray sliding latches and cut-out foam.

If you get a P365 made from July 2018 on and that came OEM in a small case, then you should be good. The following thread covers the striker change in more detail.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6120021444

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I bought my P365 two months after its "born on date" of Feb 14, 2019. A thousand rounds with no failures since.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wasabi:
I believe the latest striker came out on them around August 2019. I'd look for something that date or newer if you're concerned. I have earlier ones that haven't had any issues. YMMV.

good to know, thanks!!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hi-power man:
Mine is Dec 2019 and is running without issues.

ok. looks like most all 2019's are good to go. thank you.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
The last major complaint that IMHO had traction was about broken striker pins. Sig redesigned the striker and started shipping them out around late June 2018. This was also around the same time that Sig switched to smaller gray cases w/ flip-up latches and egg crate foam instead of black cases w/ gray sliding latches and cut-out foam.

If you get a P365 made from July 2018 on and that came OEM in a small case, then you should be good. The following thread covers the striker change in more detail.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6120021444

that's very interesting info.

the case it is sitting in is in fact, "...of black cases w/ gray sliding latches and cut-out foam." so, could be this is 2018 and not 2019?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I bought my P365 two months after its "born on date" of Feb 14, 2019. A thousand rounds with no failures since.

i was only shown the case and gun in case image. didn't send me the an image of the born date. i'll have to see it in person and check that "born on date" on the case. i saw on youtube one can take off the slide turn it upside down and i think there is an image there, "clock type image", to look for. been awhile since i've seen that video though.

appreciate the reply.

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
If the case is OEM to the gun, then I highly doubt it was made in 2019. It's possible the seller is trying to obscure the manufacture date and "lost" the sticker on the case w/ the manufacture date.

Besides the sticker, if you remove the slide, on the inside of the frame's dust cover is one of those dials w/ the a two digit year and arrow pointing at the month. My P365 was completed in mid-Aug 2018, but the frame has a July 2018 date code.

The serial# to mine is 66A097XXX. I assume this means by Aug 2018, Sig had produced 100K P365s. I previously had a P365 made in Apr 2018 which had a serial# of 66A033XXX.

The only part that's serialized is the Fire Control Unit. It's possible for someone to mix & match older frames, barrels, slides, etc.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There were two 'loudly' documented problems of significance in 2018. The first was the breaking firing pins off of the original design strikers, primarily caused by dry-fire. The first postings showed up in March and April of 2018 if I remember correctly. The second issue was the conflict between the trigger return spring and the gun's magazine, which came to light later in the year. This operational interference could cause the spring to break, leaving the gun with a dead trigger.

Some have said that any P365 with a "birth date" from the middle of August 2018 and on is good to go. Back about then I had said to our customers that it's more like a month later, because it was during July and August when there was a flurry of well-publicized reports of scratched magazine finishes and resulting broken trigger return springs, piling more on the gun while SIG was still working out distribution of the updated striker to concerned P365 owners worried about the first problem.

So just to be safe, for the rest of 2018 and well into 2019 I would cite mid September 2018 and later as GTG to our customers. This was in large part due to as I remember it, September was about the time the shortened spring 'fix' was finally in the wild, though in truth I could be a little late to the game with that time frame if SIG had already initiated the mod into the production line prior to any 'official' announcement/scuttlebutt regarding that fix.

There were also sporadic complaints of poor case extraction (stovepiping/double feeds) in 2018 and into 2019, however there had been times that I thought that this 'issue' could be more about poor shooter's technique (limp wristing) rather than any actual flaw with the gun's design. Keeping in mind that a lot of P365 owners have never shot a 9mm this small and light before buying theirs; seems only natural that some of these new owners would have problems hanging onto such a small firearm, leading to potential operational problems. Customers with large hands constantly lament about how small the regular P365 is, and in turn feel much more content (and presumably more confident) with the larger XL series.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine was made Oct. 2018. 0 issues out of the box. I have about 400 round through it now and still no problems.

Posts: 3 | Registered: November 21, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post