SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Legion Generations?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legion Generations? Login/Join 
Picture of TexasRaider
posted
Hey fellas, quick question regarding the Sig Legion pistols. I understand Sig changed them a bit since their introduction a few years ago. Specifically, I understand they no longer offer the Gray Guns trigger, nor do they fit triggers in by hand anymore. I'm not sure if it is justified in referring to those original pistols as 'Generation 1' pistols, but for the sake of this discussion I will. So, I'm curious what exact differences there are between Gen 2's being made now and the Gen 1 originals. Is it just the lack of the GG trigger and it being fitted, is that the only current difference? Thanks...

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
I have a P226 DA/SA that was made the first year and a P229 made in Ocotber of 2017. The only difference is the trigger. The newer one has a MIM adjustable trigger that is dimensionally the same as the PSAIT. Of course, we are still paying the same price.

My P226 SAO that I just picked up a few weeks ago that was manufactured in Nov 2017 is every bit the equivalent of the first Legion P226; however, that has a different trigger.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
I just bought a P220 Legion 220 SAO and the trigger feels the same as my older P226 Legion SAO. The Sig website still says this:

An enhanced polished action with the SRT (Short-Reset Trigger) is augmented with a Grayguns, Inc. designed P-SAIT trigger.

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Benderx4:
with a Grayguns, Inc. designed P-SAIT trigger. [/i]

The basic design is still GrayGuns regardless of who manufacturers it.

It doesn't say "with a GrayGuns PSAIT Trigger".

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I bought my P220 Legion on D-Day last summer and it has the Grayguns trigger.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The web site does not show a SAO trigger for the P 220 Legion. Was there one earlier?

I just received my 220 10 MM Legion and as far as I can tell my old 220 stainless elite with a Sig action enhancement package is every bit as good as the Legion when dry firing. (Have not been to the range yet.)

Also, it is difficult to tell the difference (except for color) between my 220 10 MM SAO from two years ago and the Legion. However the front strap checkering is slightly more aggressive. I guess that damn coin has got to be extra special to justify the price difference.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
The web site does not show a SAO trigger for the P 220 Legion. Was there one earlier?

There are a whole bunch of SAO P220 .45 Legions on GB right now. I didn't realize they finally came out. Was waiting for it for the longest time, but has since lost interest.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post