SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Duty Holster for P229/TLR1 Recommendations?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Duty Holster for P229/TLR1 Recommendations? Login/Join 
posted
Looking for suggestions for a duty holster. Have been looking at the Aker Nightguard. Any others?

Posts: 83 | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, a simple thumbreak pancake holster is no longer an adequate duty holster these days. It might do in a pinch for a desk-bound brass, or for someone like a detective in plainclothes with a concealed firearm, but even then I'd prefer something better.

Instead, I'd strongly recommend a modern duty holster with several layers of retention, including active retention, especially if you're working out in the field with an openly-carried firearm. The Safariland ALS system is the best and most popular option for modern multiple-retention duty holsters.

If your uniform involves wearing a duty belt, go with something like the Safariland 6360. It's a Level 3 retention holster. This is the standard duty holster of my agency, as well as all the other agencies I'm familiar with.

6360: http://www.safariland.com/prod...01vs50z396t=&start=1

At the bare minimum, if your uniform involves wearing just a standard pants belt, I'd go with a holster like a Safariland 6377 with the addition of an ALS Guard. That's Level 2 retention. That's the setup that I wear on duty when I'm in plainclothes or soft uniform.

6377: http://www.safariland.com/prod...vxbhdb5y001vs50z396t

ALS Guard: http://www.safariland.com/prod...vxbhdb5y001vs50z396t

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
I also agree with the 6360 Model.
My Dept uses the Sig P229R DAK with a Streetlight TLR-1 mounted light.

In the fitting menu If you have a DAK gun ? Just list P229R and the model light TLR1 .

For a unknown reason if you enter a DAK is says you can not mount a light which is wrong.

You will need the Classic series Sig not the E2 model .
You will need the short extractor on the Sig Classic series to secure it in the locking holster.
The E 2 model have the long extractor and will not work in the new security holsters.

I was told by Sig Armorer that law enforcement would use the classic series model for the security holsters on the market/. Law Enforcement would not be using the E 2 models

Posts: 1231 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The 6360 is the standard. To me, nothing else is suitable for uniformed duty use.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post