SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Honor Guard Owners May Want To Take Note of This
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Honor Guard Owners May Want To Take Note of This Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted
Recently making the rounds on the net is this display of drop safety issues with the Honor Guard pistol.
This guy was writing for a blog that seems to have ordered him to not publish this information. Here is his video demonstration.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvuv09VgALs

Over at The Truth About Guns, there is another guy testing but using what looks to me like a lot less force and a rubber hammer.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.c...ot-drop-impact-safe/
His test seems to demonstrate that you could be carrying the pistol in a holster and bump into something just the wrong way and have a similar result with a potentially much worse outcome.

I know, you shouldn't drop a gun or bump it into things. Just thought you might want to see this if you were unaware of the story.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
...or bump it into things...

Well, sometimes people just bump into you...and one's gun. A young woman ran into me in that spot recently, of course while her eyes were plastered to the screen of her smartphone. The mortified look on her face told me plenty that she realized that the hard object she felt wasn't a result of me being glad to see her (though I admit she was pretty).

Handled one of those Honor Guard pistols for the first time a couple of months back. Frankly after dry firing it I don't get what the initial fuss was all about. A S&W Shield wannabe, only kinda dipped in a vat of crappy. And now that it seems like it can do the literal 'bump' fire, perhaps it was soaked rather than merely dipped.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Looks like the SIG P320 isn't the only one with Drop Safe issues. But then again it's really not that important... Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
When this gun came out, I basically declared it a single stack P320. It seems I was more right than I thought.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
When I saw this gun, I thought "why"?

I love startups, but for $350 you can get a S&W Shield or Walther PPS...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
When I saw this gun, I thought "why"?

I love startups, but for $350 you can get a S&W Shield or Walther PPS...

That's what I was thinking.
A few months ago, when they had the rebate, you could get a Shield for the low $200 range around here. That made buying a knock off for twice the price seem a bit silly.
Now this. If what the videos suggest is true, that a very light hit can make one go off, this isn't a one in a million chance but a real danger.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1. Don’t buy an Honor Defense firearm because they aren’t drop safe and might kill you simply because of greasy bacon fingers.

2. F**k The Firearm Blog because I commited to speaking ill of them at every opportunity here.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8970049434

Posts: 124 | Registered: March 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I happily traded mine for a used S&W 39!
Chris

Posts: 19 | Location: Central NC | Registered: January 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post