SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a new Shield 45...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a new Shield 45... Login/Join 
Picture of gunguru123
posted
...as I have been eyeballing one for a while. Now not saying it is a keeper, it goes in the unknown side of the safe, depending on how I like shooting and carrying it. I could keep or it can go. It does remind me of a 2.0 M&P with the grip and trigger so I shall see how it goes.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Love mine. It's been flawless. Hated the hinged trigger though, I put an Apex in it.

If you don't tuck a shirt in behind it that grip will rub you raw. I still need to sand it down just a bit.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
Congrats. Love mine. It's been flawless. Hated the hinged trigger though, I put an Apex in it.

If you don't tuck a shirt in behind it that grip will rub you raw. I still need to sand it down just a bit.

I've got rubber Talon Grips coming but have a Pach rubber grip on it, which feels good as it thickens the grip where I need it. Yeah, the 2.0 M&P's have rough grips and though this is not technically a 2.0, it has the features of one.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My example of the Shield45 has not been flawless.Its at S&W under warranty for the 2nd time. With (8) magazines(1)6Rd and(1)7Rd capacity have not had intermittent feeding issues the other magazines problematic in that regards.

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lowflash:
My example of the Shield45 has not been flawless.Its at S&W under warranty for the 2nd time. With (8) magazines(1)6Rd and(1)7Rd capacity have not had intermittent feeding issues the other magazines problematic in that regards.

That sucks, been there, with other types of guns of course. I hate getting a lemon.

Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
I will say, this gun was an absolute joy to shoot. I've had the Glock 36, the XDs 3.3 and 4.0, the Kahr CW45 and still have the CT45. The CT45 is a larger gun so probably shouldn't be included but for the smaller polymer 45's, this is definitely my favorite. It isn't quite as thin as others which might help in the overall feel. The trigger is good and I can get all my fingers on the 6 round mag, flush with the grip. Very accurate for what it is, I am liking it. As you can see below, this is what I shot today though I didn't shoot all of the FMJ (only shot 100 rounds of it) and then found two more boxes of Black Hills 230gr JHP. So I think the total today was just over 240 rounds, not a single malfunction of any sort. What a great gun IMO.

The FMJ was Blazer 230gr ball while the JHP was a mixture of HST and Black Hills 230gr, Hornady 230+p, Sig 200gr and TAC-XPD/Remington 185+p JHP. I will say this, the Remington Golden Sabre 185+p was the hottest of all the rounds, at least in felt recoil. The TAC XPD 185+p is very soft shooting in comparison. The 230+p wasn't bad at all but I still need to try my favorite, Gold Dot 200+p JHP and the Hornady Critical Duty 220+p.

2nd amdmt gramps
posted Hide Post
Love mine.

Posts: 2106 | Location: southeast arkansas | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I heartily agree: the Shield .45 is one helluva sweet shooter!

I rented a Shield .45 a little while back and I must say, they rock!

The top left bullseye, ( my GF was shooting on the torso ) is an eight round group, ( my first rounds fired from a Shield .45 ) at the seven yard line.

A Shield .45 will be my next pistol purchase.. probably the PC version.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
Because I had shot the Gen 1 Shield in 9mm, I didn't think I would like the gun. I honestly didn't. But damn, it was a pleasure to shoot, accurate and with a good trigger. I guess this is a Gen 1 Shield 45 but certainly more like the 2.0's I think. Good shooting ARMT Guy!

Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I looked at one yesterday for a gun to keep stashed in the airplane. I agree the grips are too skinny. I too figures a Pach rubber grip slip on would help a lot. I'll go rent one before I just pick one up.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I'm impressed with mine so far. Hopefully it proves to be more reliable than my Glock 36 was.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post