SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Finally found a Colt SAA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally found a Colt SAA Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
One of my grail guns has always been a Colt SAA. Specifically, one in 45LC, with 5.5” barrel and color cased hardened frame. I wanted to find a second gen, but those are very pricey and it’s tough to find exactly what I want, one that is in excellent condition. Well I happened upon this brand new one the other day, sort of by chance. A gun store that I love never has any in stock whether old or new though they got this beauty in an hour before I got there and I just happened to be at the right place at the right time. I haven’t even seen too many brand new ones online so I was lucky. It’s a 2019 build and the fit and finish is excellent. I’ve read that the new ones are as nice as any ever made though I’m not fully sure. All I know it that I have one now and I can’t stop smiling!

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! Congrats.
I've had a few over the years and right now only have one left, but it's a wonderful shooter and just feels great in the hand.
Enjoy it, the 5 1/2" length is one of my favorites.

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Highspeedlane
posted Hide Post
Man that is beautiful. I will own one, one of these days Smile

Posts: 292 | Location: Kingston, MA | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Nice. That's exactly the version I'd like to own someday.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

Posts: 987 | Registered: January 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The SAA still going strong at 146 years.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful Colt SAA.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Nice, I've been on a SAA binge lately. You got a nice looking Colt there. Congrats.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys I appreciate it. Didn’t think it was gonna happen this year as I even stopped looking after a few months of no success.

I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Nice. Now you want another one, and a lever Action rifle in the same caliber. Oh, and a shotgun.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuglespritz
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, that is a nice looking Colt.

Posts: 754 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Nice find. I have exactly the same combination.

I bought mine 15 years back and immediately sent it out for Ivories. Got it back and decided to shoot it. I have a full sized IPSC silhouette in steel on the range.

Loaded her up with 5 and at 15 yds did my best "Off the hip, John Wayne" I could muster. MISSED all five shots! Still laugh about that.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a fine addition to the Family

The 5 1/2" is my favorite to carry

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
^^^^^thanks again for your assistance earlier Smile

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Awesome. I waited 3 years for my only SAA, a new 3rd gen in .45, 7.5" barrel. Absolutely worth it. Congrats!

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3181 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I was able to pick up a 1980-ish 5.5" .45LC case-hardened SAA recently from an estate, for a good price. I have a Ruger Vaquero but always wanted a Colt but Colts have always been out of my price range. Now I'm happy, love the thing. Except yeah, now I want a Winchester 1873 to go with it. Big Grin

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Though the 5.5” is my favorite configuration, it would be cool to have a 7.5” just to be as close as the original as possible. I’ll bet the balance is great as well.