SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Baby Browning
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baby Browning Login/Join 
posted
Is the baby browning safe to carry with a chambered round?

This will be in a backup capacity, so no need to remind me of the .25s poor performance.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Assuming it's in proper working order and you use a decent pocket holster, yes. Mine is.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
I'd love to have a baby Browning in my collection.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would not. There is no firing pin block and nothing holding the striker back except the sear. The safety blocks only the trigger. If the sear shears off or is worn, the gun will fire.

Posts: 881 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I really like the gun. It can be an effective cartridge at contact range and is better than a sharp stick. I carried one in my shirt pocket for a time as a backup on patrol, way before the wave of micro pistols. But, I never trusted the safety enough to carry it with a round chambered.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt 127:
I would not. There is no firing pin block and nothing holding the striker back except the sear. The safety blocks only the trigger. If the sear shears off or is worn, the gun will fire.

The safety on a Baby Browning blocks the sear, not the trigger.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may be right. It’s been so long since I played with one. It may block the sear so the trigger and sear can’t move to fire the gun.

Still just a small sear engagement that keeps the gun from firing.

Posts: 881 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post