SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M&P 2.0 Compact with Apex parts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P 2.0 Compact with Apex parts Login/Join 
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted
Hey guys! I've been busy lately, but I wanted to show you guys what a fitted Apex barrel in a Compact (G19) sized gun is capable of.
Apex -
Barrel semi-drop in
Flat Foward Set trigger
Apex sear - Duty springs
Trijicon HD XR sights
9x19 124 Nato fired from 28 yards into a 6x6 inch head box. 2 strings of 5 rounds marking each string. Yes, I dropped one..... but this is standing freestyle.

Also, don't waste your money with all these companies making so called "match" barrels. They don't work or improve anything. Most are exact copies of the stock barrel, a fitted barrel is the only way to go.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I added the Apex Hard Sear to my M&P Compact 2.0 and Full size 2.0. I was very surprised how light it made the trigger. Its shoots great and is deadly accurate but it comes in at 3.55 lbs. I'm extremely accurate with this gun but wonder if I should Carry it with this light trigger

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
deadly accurate

Is that 2” groups at XYZ yards? Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry V:
I added the Apex Hard Sear to my M&P Compact 2.0 and Full size 2.0. I was very surprised how light it made the trigger. Its shoots great and is deadly accurate but it comes in at 3.55 lbs. I'm extremely accurate with this gun but wonder if I should Carry it with this light trigger

I wouldn’t carry a pistol with a trigger that light, but that’s just me. In addition to the apex sear, I also installed the rest of the duty/carry action enhancement kit (which includes a few springs and a striker block if I remember correctly) and those extra springs bring the pull up to about 5 lbs on my 2.0 compact with a very nice, crisp break. Also, if you don’t want to remove the rear sight to install the striker block you can skip that part and still have a wonderful break on the trigger, but the takeup won’t be quite as smooth.

Posts: 124 | Registered: March 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post