SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger LCP II...who's carrying one?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger LCP II...who's carrying one? Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
Last year I picked up a Ruger LCP II as a mini carry gun for those times I needed something extremely small. Now I'm finding myself carrying quite a bit these days in the heat of the summer.

Why else is carrying one?

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
I have one I bought the day after the presidential election. I put a set of Talon grips on it and carry it in a sticky holster. It gets carried whenever I don't feel like carrying a gun.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Been carrying it for a year, usually walking my dog for coyote protection more than anything else

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
Love mine! It goes with me everyday. It's the BUG to my 320 compact.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 706 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I own one, and carry it often. It is a fast shooting little pistol, to me point shooting is much more accurate with this pistol than aimed firing. I do not like pocket carry, I carry mine in an IWB Kydex.

I posted this in the current topic here in Sig Pistols:

Ruger one of the top customer oriented firearms companies in the world.

Recently I dissassembled my LCPII to refinish the metal in Moly Resin for a rust resistant finish. Trouble was, I went too far, and removed the sear.

Well in my 30 years of dissassembing-reassembling guns, the sear in the LCPII stumped me. So I called Ruger CS, they sent me a shipping label Fed Ex, and I had my LCPII back within 7 days , putback together and test fired and including a silicone gun wipe.

Thank you Ruger, OP, I hope you read my posting. Because Ruger will treat you good.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No II for me, but I often carry the basic model with the, er...plain sights. Weighs almost nothing, dissapears in a pocket, works for me. I have the extended mag (which may not work in the II).

http://shopruger.com/LCP-7-Rou...e/productinfo/90405/

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry an original long heavy triggered no-sight version. I paid $320.00 back when they cost, well,.... $320.00! I bet I couldn't get $75.00 for it now. But really, the thing shoots great as a point'n shoot belly gun it was designed to be. So I'm keeping my ol original LCP. To sell a perfectly functioning gun for $50.00 buck is just wrong!
Like that LCP II though. Handled it in a store.

Posts: 1396 | Location: King of Prussia PA | Registered: September 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rifmon:
I carry an original long heavy triggered no-sight version. I paid $320.00 back when they cost, well,.... $320.00!...

They were about $200 but are now out of stock:

http://palmettostatearmory.com...6rd-pistol-3701.html

I've got three, they should last a while.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Carried one all day yesterday. Just worked better in the clothes I was wearing. I've been very impressed with it. Want a fan of the first LCP. I had one and it was reliable but it wasn't my favorite mouse gun.

Today I'm back to carrying my Kahr MK9.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post