SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger Charger Takedown...accuracy issues?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Charger Takedown...accuracy issues? Login/Join 
With bad intent
posted
Anyone else have one? Took it out to the range last night and couldnt quite it figured out. Would group 3-4 on top of each other, then throw one up and right 4inches. Followup shots would now be on top of the "flier". Reload....new point of impact.

I figure its one of 3 things:

-scope is F'd, even if its new. ( no big deal, Leupold will take care of it)

-the 15 round mag is somehow changing POI depending on if there is pressure on the mag?

-there is fit issue with the barrel/receiver.

I was using both CCI Standard and Eely Club. I also had about 1 FTF per mag. It also would take a few hand cycle on the bolt to get the unfired round out.

Other than that....pretty sweet pistol.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
Have you tried adjusting the tension ring on the receiver? A lot of folks do not and suffer from lack of accuracy.

Edited to add, I have nearly the same exact setup as you. My accuracy is fine now, after I added some tension.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I haven't. Didn't even know that was a thing. Probably covered in the manual I never read.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
I haven't. Didn't even know that was a thing. Probably covered in the manual I never read.

Don't feel bad, I found out well after the first few hundred rounds of ammo. Big Grin

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Another thing in the manual for the takedown is to work the action a few times to get everything seated.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did the arm brace come with it, or is it an add on? Looks totally cool. I've always wanted a Charger, but the take down feature adds quite a bit of value, to me.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:

Wink

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
adjusted the ring. Im sure that will help with the extraction as well. Thank again for the tip, i would have never read the manual. I'll get it back outout to the range tomorrow.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I have a regular wood stock Charger.

The version you have looks sweet as hell. Did the stock come with it?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The adapter is from Copper Custom, the guy from Military Arms Channel on utube's shop. Brace looks like an SB Tactical. Unfortunately they only work for the poly stocks, not our wood.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2736 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I have a regular wood stock Charger.

The version you have looks sweet as hell. Did the stock come with it?

No, as said above, it's the SBA3 with copper custom adapter. I added a HERA SFU to side fold, a though its really not necessary. I built one of these before but used a Burris Fastfire. Since I usually have my MKIV with me which also wears a Fastfire, I opted to try and extend the range this time.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by badcopnodonut!!:
Have you tried adjusting the tension ring on the receiver? A lot of folks do not and suffer from lack of accuracy.

Edited to add, I have nearly the same exact setup as you. My accuracy is fine now, after I added some tension.

That seemed to have done the trick, Fixed the extraction issues as well.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
The adapter is from Copper Custom, the guy from Military Arms Channel on utube's shop. Brace looks like an SB Tactical. Unfortunately they only work for the poly stocks, not our wood.

Just at the website they do make one for laminate stock...

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mhughes:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:

Just at the website they do make one for laminate stock...

How is that possible? There is no rear plate on the laminate models?