SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    RANGE FULL SIZE 9MM.....POSSIBLE COMPETITION
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RANGE FULL SIZE 9MM.....POSSIBLE COMPETITION Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
CZ Shadow or a CZ75 or SP01 with a trigger job and fiber optic sights.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Another vote for a CZ. Shadow, Shadow Target or Shadow 2. Accushadow if you can fit it in the budget.

Striker...I'd go with

Walther Q5 Match

or

SIG P320 X5.

You are going to have to go shoot these as these are not inexpensive guns to buy and resell like a Glock 17.

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
TRY TO FIND A SMITH & WESSON 952

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Either a CZ Shadow or a Dan Wesson Valor 9mm.

Posts: 8543 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
[QUOTE]One empty magazine for the RO/SO to hold for dropping the hammer at the end of your turn.

Huh?

I'm guessing that the 5906 has a magazine disconnect, so he won't be able to "If clear, hammer down and holster" without an empty mag in the gun.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow, thanks trying a few this weekend...................Thanks for the replies

Posts: 900 | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you can try a Gen 5 Glock 17, do it. I wasn't a fan but am now. The Gen 5 Glock 34 will likely be a beast!

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
The 226 will more than meet your requirements. I've seen some cops and some Marines do pretty amazing things with a 226.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My CZ 75 SA is incredibly accurate for a stock gun. One of these worked over, would be my first choice and well within your price point. You can guy the gun directly from one of the CZ guru's like Matt Mink and have it shipped directly to you.

While the Shadow should be close to good to go from out of the box, I can't get over the looks.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For IDPA I shoot a S&W M&P M2.0 9mm 4.25" pistol. The sear is exchanged for an Apex 2-dot sear and sights for Williams Gun Sight adjustable fiber sights. With four grips in-the-box, fit is assured. Low cost - excellent performance.

The newer 4" M&P M2.0 also looks great and several have had great success with Walther PPQ-M2 9mm 4".

I shot a P320C9 with Gray trigger work for awhile, but it is not as good and (with magazines and trigger work) a lot more expensive. [especially if I need to jump through loops to have it "fixed" so it can be sold at a big loss]

If M&P M2.0 4" and PPQ-M2 4" do not fit and you need a CZ, look at CZ P10C. Many have an OK trigger. A heavy gun offers little advantage and a hammer-fired gun (SA only or DA/SA) has extra stuff to deal with in competition that striker-fired does not have.

Do tell what you find that fits you.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
My CZ 75 SA is incredibly accurate for a stock gun. One of these worked over, would be my first choice and well within your price point. You can guy the gun directly from one of the CZ guru's like Matt Mink and have it shipped directly to you.

While the Shadow should be close to good to go from out of the box, I can't get over the looks.

I had Matt Mink build me a Shadow from a SP01. Saved money and wait time for a factory Shadow.
I also knew WHO was actually building my gun.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Seems to me the answer is simple:

P226

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
I'd suggest GLOCK just because they're the only manufacturer I can think of that uses ALL CAPS.

Definitely the right fit for you.

Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8935 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steyr. I have an L9-A1 and it’s the bees knees

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently acquired a SR1911 commander size in 9mm. Replaced the barrel bushing with an EGW and the grips with Hogue G10 Pirrana. Bunch of 10 round mags and is GREAT for USPSA. It's light, good target acquisition, minimal recoil and comfortable in hand. Single Stack division.

Or stick with 226 for production. Can't go wrong either way.

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
Steyr. I have an L9-A1 and it’s the bees knees

x2

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
CZ baby!

Shadow 2

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
depends on the money you want to spend. I shoot uspsa with a lot of guns, including the vp9. Just paid for a p320x5. Cz's are kind of the go to gun for competition, but most shooters are a long way from the point that the gun is what's holding them back. I have several cz's but prefer to shoot sig's and hks. For competition I would say get started and see what game and division you want to participate in, then find a gun that fits the game.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post