SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Cable locks with >14" cable?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cable locks with >14" cable? Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
I tried using those supplied cable locks to go through both holes on a typical sliding latch pistol case, but 14"+/- of cable isn't long enough. Does anyone make cable locks with longer cables?

Aside from using two padlocks, how do you secure your pistol cases?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
First off, I DON'T use those cases for storage. The foam inside the box attracts moisture. And, for me at least, these boxes are not adequate for range trips. When going to the range, I need to carry eye & ear protection, ammo, targets, and other assorted sundries that eventually add an extra 5 or 10 pounds to my range bag, but that I choose NOT to live without.

The boxes the gun came in, as well as the cable lock both go into a drawer until I decide to sell one of my toys.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
certified biohazard
posted Hide Post
look in the bicycle section of wallys, they have coated cable locks that are more than long enough. I made my own to attach inside my luggage for traveling. meets the TSA requirements and is bolted to the luggage itself.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Posts: 533 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post