SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210 Standard vs P210 Target
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 Standard vs P210 Target Login/Join 
posted
Looking at Osage County Guns, the difference in price between these two guns is $350. I can see that the Target comes with Target grips, and an adjustable rear sight, but not sure that justifies the price difference.
Would like to hear from any P210 owners, especially Standard owners, about the accuracy of their guns, if you have any other differences to discuss, and if you would get the other model knowing what you know now. I would be comparing(if that is possible) my P210 against my 226X5-L1 for accuracy, etc(mainly fun to shoot!) Appreciate any input from owners!

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 369 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I'm going to guess, and its just a guess because I no longer own a target model, that there is very little to no difference in accuracy between them. The target model just lets you adjust the sights for different conditions or ammo. If you only shoot one round, either 115 gr or 147 gr, its probably not worth the extra money. But it does look cooler.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lot of people don't like the grips on the target model. And, there aren't exactly good other choices available.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I much prefer adjustable sights, but not the big grips on the Target model. I'll probably end up springing for a set of the standard type grips from Hogue whenever they get around to making them available with checkering on the back strap. I'm not the least surprised that from owner reports, no difference in fit, finish, function or accuracy between standard and target models.
~350.00 does seem like a lot to pay for adjustables, and grips that many buyers don't care for. But if a potential buyer wants adjustables, I don't know of any options.

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Grips4u already made the standard grips for the American. Yes, the P210A. They have the checkered, with checkered back, in stock at the moment. A little pricey, though.
http://grips4u.net/product/sig...rips-checkered-back/

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
But if a potential buyer wants adjustables, I don't know of any options

Search for adjustables for the Sig P220-29, rear dovetail the same on the standard model.

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I'd like to add that often target sights provide a better sight picture than the military models.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post