SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 update from Phil Strader
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 update from Phil Strader Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I have a feeling this is an announcement, not a conversation.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pm9:

Perhaps those those that live in fear of a catastrophic failure should sell their guns and carry two bats.

Perhaps those that invest the expense and time to own and carry should expect that what they carry will be there when things come unwound, rather than their hand occupying a paperweight.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the information.

This is why I said I was going to wait a year to pick up a P365. Let others work out the bugs.

That, plus I have yet to see one at a gun shop. I’ve never seen one available for sale, anywhere, except on Gunbroker.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
I've never seen one available for sale, anywhere, except on Gunbroker.

You can find them, if you are patient and you get lucky. I was searching one day and saw that Cabella's showed a limited number in stock. I called the store and was able to reserve one (they had four available).

Upon arrival, two hours later, all were sold or reserved. It was much less expensive than the listings on gunbroker.

So far, close to 400 rounds and no issues.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lovin' the P7
Picture of Tim335
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is why I said I was going to wait a year to pick up a P365. Let others work out the bugs.

That, plus I have yet to see one at a gun shop. I’ve never seen one available for sale, anywhere, except on Gunbroker.

You can shoot mine, but you can't buy it!

Posts: 3428 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: August 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim335:
quote:

Thanks Tim, I would love to, but I left the ATL for sunny Florida some time ago. Be well.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Draggun:
Mr. Strader,

It sure would be nice if you identified the serial numbers of "bad batch" of firing pins on the guns that might be affected. Or at least the build date range of those that might be affected along with a solution.

This.

But I’m going to guess that they don’t really know.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m glad the issue is resolved going forward , but how do I know if mine is one of the guns effected?

From the OP

For consumers that have any questions about the P365 or any other Sig Sauer product, please don’t hesitate to contact our customer service department at (603) 610-3000.

I'd suggest those with concerns should call the number, give them your SN, seems like it was covered pretty well.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tim335:
quote:

Thanks Tim, I would love to, but I left the ATL for sunny Florida some time ago. Be well.

Well you’re more than welcome to try mine out, had a friend lend me his before I bought mine.... I’ll pay it forward... I’m in central Florida

Posts: 23 | Location: Central FL | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
The fix is easy. Let those who are concerned buy a new striker from the uneffected batch for a reduced cost.

I agree. Make current production strikers available to P365 customers.

Posts: 430 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got my P365 back today with it's new striker. After feeling unlucky and bummed out (.08%) I'm actually glad my striker broke after only 350 rounds and 200 dry fires. I quite possibly no longer have a ticking time bomb...

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Honestly I don’t trust a word anybody at Sig says. They have proven themselves to be a very untrustworthy company. One mans opinion.

Drag marks on the primer indicate a barrel lockup that needs redesigned. Broken firing pins at a rate of 8 per 10,000? Probably ten times that amount.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Mind your manners, bubbatime. The man was under no obligation to say anything to us. You can believe it or not believe it, but you will kindly be polite to my guests.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today after shooting three boxes of ammo: 100rds Blazer Brass 115gr, 50rds Federal HST 147gr. , mag dumps/rapid fire, when I got home to clean my guns I noticed the front sight has nearly walked out.
total rounds through gun, 530.

Posts: 236 | Location: SDF | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One drop of permanent loctite will fix that sight.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe I’m wrong here but, if this was a vendor issue that make the defective firing pins at startup. I’m pretty confident that they made a lot more than 24,28 or even a couple hundred firing pins the first day.

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pm9:
One drop of permanent loctite will fix that sight.

Loctite should not be required on any pistol sight in a dovetail.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am sure that the sight problem is even less frequent than 0.08%. Just like the peening issue, the slide stuck cases, the whatever happens with triggers thing, and the firing pin breakage, this will be rectified.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YVK,

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up another P365 yesterday. Given the performance of the last, I don't anticipate any problems, but will certainly dump enough rounds through it to be comfortable.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by air:
Today after shooting three boxes of ammo: 100rds Blazer Brass 115gr, 50rds Federal HST 147gr. , mag dumps/rapid fire, when I got home to clean my guns I noticed the front sight has nearly walked out.
total rounds through gun, 530.

I just watched Taran Butlers review of the 365 and his did the same during the review. He fixed it with locktite.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post