SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 update from Phil Strader
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 update from Phil Strader Login/Join 
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Do you recommend blue or red locktite?

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Locktite on dovetail sights?

Ah, while that may overcome a problem, it's not a fix IMO.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

I would never consider locktight on a dovetail sight a solution.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Permanent loctite is the perfect fix for this issue. I have been using it on every sight change for over 30 years without a failure.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dovetail sights are an interference fit. Too loose a fit cannot and should not be fixed by chemical means, including loctite or other adhesive. A loose dovetail needs staking on the site, a set screw, or other mechanical changes; locktite isn't designed or intended to replace these. Loctite would be used correctly on a set screw mechanically securing a site, but not as a bandaid to fix a site that's loose enough in the dovetail to migrate under use.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Dovetail sights are an interference fit. Too loose a fit cannot and should not be fixed by chemical means, including loctite or other adhesive. A loose dovetail needs staking on the site, a set screw, or other mechanical changes; locktite isn't designed or intended to replace these. Loctite would be used correctly on a set screw mechanically securing a site, but not as a bandaid to fix a site that's loose enough in the dovetail to migrate under use.

I said the same thing to Taran when he said his P365 was an early gun and loctite will fix the issue. A dovetail should hold the sight firmly. The cuts are clearly too big for the sight.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

Absolutely Correct!

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sgtbrock
posted Hide Post
When do you think Sig will acknowledge the moving sights, broken trigger and slide lock back problems? Until they can explain them like they did the broken strikers I will stay far away from this paper weight!

Posts: 15 | Location: Florida | Registered: April 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgtbrock:
When do you think Sig will acknowledge the moving sights, broken trigger and slide lock back problems? Until they can explain them like they did the broken strikers I will stay far away from this paper weight!

Add broken trigger bar spring to the list. I've only put 50 rounds through mine with no issues. My buddy has a little over 600 and his trigger bar spring broke. In doing a little research it's another known issue. MAC just did a review and his broke at 800 rounds. I wanted to like this gun.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
So after what should be over 100k out in the market, a few issues is a massive problem?

Slide lock back??? Odd as the few that had it were shot using the left hand... issues disappeared.

If subcontractors produced out of spec parts and the range is known, easy to provide replacement. Springs can break. Part of life. That's why they have a warranty division.

Shot and worked a match last weekend. In fact, Mr. Strader shot it along with Max Michel. LOTS of X5's and 320's used. The only issue after 250 shooters???? One Glock locked up tight and the case had to be hammered out.

Guess every manufacturer has their days.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
So after what should be over 100k out in the market, a few issues is a massive problem?

Slide lock back??? Odd as the few that had it were shot using the left hand... issues disappeared.

If subcontractors produced out of spec parts and the range is known, easy to provide replacement. Springs can break. Part of life. That's why they have a warranty division.

Shot and worked a match last weekend. In fact, Mr. Strader shot it along with Max Michel. LOTS of X5's and 320's used. The only issue after 250 shooters???? One Glock locked up tight and the case had to be hammered out.

With Sig in recent years it is poor QA/QC.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBP55:
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:

With Sig in recent years it is poor QA/QC.

It goes beyond that. With innovation comes issues that get exposed early in the product's release. The MPX I bought had charging handle peening issues. The 320 I bought wasn't drop safe. The 365 has firing pin and spring issues.

It's my personal opinion.....and opinions are worth what you pay for them... that these things could've/should've been vetted before the product was released. I'm sure Sig will quietly address the 365 issues in later released examples "one off" as they arise. We've grown to accept this as norm from them.

I own seven Glock pistols that get shot often. None have had issues of any kind. The 365 was going to replace my 19, 26 and 43. I don't see this happening. Murphy's Law tells me the firing pin will break or the trigger bar spring will break when I need the pistol to defend myself.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey PHIL.....Any thoughts on this thread...thanks in advance...D I C K

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...320043654#3320043654

"Take a kid shooting"

Posts: 28 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Comparing the 35 year old Glock design to the 3 year old P365 is comparing apples to oranges. Do any Glock fan boys remember the “upgrades” to the internals of early Glocks? How about the “E”series problems with frame rails? How about firing pin problems? Most of these problems were not acknowledged by the factory!

I have owned over a dozen Glocks, and loved their reliability and parts support, but I finally decided that they did not fit me well. My P365 has only 365 rds(coincidence?) but I have no problems carrying it. I will put more rounds through it, but until I have a problem, I will maintain confidence in it. Mine is an April 2019 build, in case that matters to anyone.

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 369 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Fine tuning” is apparently a way to say we fixed the bull shit mistakes that were caused by not testing this pistol worth a damn before release because the customer is our beta tester now.

I’d actually be willing to give sig a chance on this gun if they actually admitted that they screwed up and owned up to it, but things are fixed now. But no, they are going to down play the issues and try to bs us.

I was really looking forward to this gun, but after everything I’ve seen I’ll pass. This isn’t a range toy, this is a defense pistol that needs to work every time no matter what, and I’m not going to trust sig this time. These are sad times

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post