SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P227 ELITE
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P227 ELITE Login/Join 
posted
Hello all new guy here I just bought Sig Sauer P227 Elite how come there is hardly any information on it, is it to new or to old, I got it for a good price I think $799,thanks all.

Posts: 7 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I have a relative in PA that is PA state police and they are issued the P-227.
Probably quite a few up there for that reason.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
It wasn't a super popular pistol, and is no longer in the catalog. I would buy mags now if you find them

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CLEANDEAN
posted Hide Post
Congrats on yournew .45
You did not overpay IMO. You won't find too many other .45's that shoot as good, out of the box.
As far as (P227) 11 rds. VS. ( P220) 9 rds.☆ Those extra 2rounds are gonna'save somebody's life oneday.
And yes, get some extra 10 rd. Magazines now.

Never judge a man, till you have walked a mile in his shoes.....
That way, you'll be a mile away from him; and you'll have his shoes.

Posts: 182 | Location: So. of 3 Rivers < Penna. VIGILANT CURMUDGEON | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Great night stand gun. price is subject to its condition. Good advice to add some mags.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The P227 was recently retired it seems. Or at least put it hiatus. It's only been around for about five or so years, but it hasn't done very well from a sales standpoint. We sold a few early on then people stopped buying them, preferring to stick to classics like the 1911 or move to more reliable higher capacity guns. The P227 itself is quite reliable, however the large cap 14rd mags that was intended to give it similar firepower to the hi-cap strikers and hammer polymer 45s were not.

Frankly I think SIG should concentrate on developing a 10mm version of the gun. THAT would do well, I think.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all I will get more 10 rds mags ant good places to get grips??

Posts: 7 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigNed:
any good places to get grips??

For Hogue, see forum member Greg Cote here or here. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delong31
posted Hide Post
You’re all doing the OP a disservice not telling him to grab some 14-round mags.

Grab some 14-rounders and drop in some Wolff springs if yours from Sig end up having failures to feed. It’s unfortunate they have the issue but it’s easily, and reasonably priced, to fix.

Posts: 88 | Location: DFW | Registered: June 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard that the 14rd Magazine's didn't work well in the P227 How do you fix the problem with the 14rd's ????