SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Braced 9mm pistol
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Braced 9mm pistol Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Obviously there are quite a number of choices in this area. But to your original question it would help a bit on what you are going to do with the gun. If its pretty much sit in the safe, of your choices, I'd get the HK. You simply will not be hurt financially owning one and there is a stable and reliable parts system. If you actually intended to use it for competition or real shooting activities get either of the B&T's you list. I happen to like the APC and potentially with the alternative magwells offer a real benefit if you have glock or 320 mags. Of course this all assumes that money isn't really a huge issue since lots of other options exist that cost way less than your list. I'm somewhat of an addict for these things and lots of others are as well so if you post some detail of what you would actually use it for you will probably get more detailed discussion of what works and what doesn't.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Ruger just announced the PC Charger to what some have said is an already crowded market. The street price may make it an attractive option, however.

I think this Ruger PC Charger looks great. The fact it accepts Glock mags is a big bonus. Now I would like to see Ruger offer it in a variety of calibers; 5.7x28, .40 S&W, & 10mm.
That would really get people attention!

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lol, a trip to the eye dr maybe be in order. Depending on price and how much a brace will set you back this is a reasonable if ugly option.

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Obviously there are quite a number of choices in this area. But to your original question it would help a bit on what you are going to do with the gun. If its pretty much sit in the safe, of your choices, I'd get the HK. You simply will not be hurt financially owning one and there is a stable and reliable parts system. If you actually intended to use it for competition or real shooting activities get either of the B&T's you list. I happen to like the APC and potentially with the alternative magwells offer a real benefit if you have glock or 320 mags. Of course this all assumes that money isn't really a huge issue since lots of other options exist that cost way less than your list. I'm somewhat of an addict for these things and lots of others are as well so if you post some detail of what you would actually use it for you will probably get more detailed discussion of what works and what doesn't.

In reality I wanted as a get home gun but I been doing some thinking and I'm going to invest in the HK SP05, with everything that is happening I think unfortunately we may not see them again in the civilian market. This things may become very valuable in the near future. I went ahead and order it, I also got some OEM Hk magazines and the brace.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope HK is able to continue to supply them, if you like MP5's its a really,really nice product. Several people have offered me way above what I paid for mine already Smile I like shooting mine (I put a bunch of stuff on it to have a usable red dot and a brace), its soft shooting and very accurate. But the downsides of actually shooting one in competition makes mine mostly a range toy, I'd never pick one as my first choice in a defensive gun given many of the available options.

posted Hide Post
After looking at the above picture I must state that it is a strange looking PCC. I would like to state that it was made in Communist Country but they actually made some stylish firearms. I do not know of any firearms that look so unattractive, ugly, bad design, etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buy HK SP5, and cry once!! You will not lose value on this gun, even if you use(not abuse) it. They are a real good item that works as advertised.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You do know that works as advertised mostly sucks for many uses. I'm an SP5 fan, but for many people its not the right answer... but in the case of the OP that's what he prefers and good for him if he can find one.

Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
B&T GMH9 will be one I would like to own, I handled one the other day at lgs and it's very nice. I don't think they could make that Ruger look any worse.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Given your choices, I'd go for the B&T out of the group. I am a huge H&K fan and owned a SP89 back in the day. When I was young, I worked for a company that did auto sear conversion on SP89 and HK94 to MP5 and MP5k. Love the platform and the format. However, I do feel, as the rest of the world, that the platform is dated. I do believe that the B&T has stepped up the game with the GHM9 and the APC9.

If budget isn't a problem, and you are looking at investment purpose, buy the H&K. It will go up in value.

The B&Ts are superior in my opinion in ergonomic and build quality. Easier to attach Red Dot Sights to it. As a shooter, the GHM9 does everything an APC does but it is longer. That said, the APC9 are really nice. I own both and started out with the GHM9 with the tailhook brace. It was only because I got a smoking deal that I picked up the APC9K Pro. When things settle, I do believe I will pick up a Franklin Armory trigger for it.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the chance to rent a PTR 9CT and WOW, that thing is very soft shooting. I was putting rounds on top of rounds using an Eotech.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You will be happy with your HK in terms of soft shooting and accuracy. The rest of the things you might want to do on an MP5 clone are problems in one way or another, mounting an optic, trigger, mags (cost), reloading at speed (they hate a reload on a closed bolt), etc.etc. but I love mine for what it is.

posted Hide Post
Howdy!

I like the new Ruger PC Charger Pistol. The only problem is you can’t find one anywhere. The only place I see them is on all the YouTube videos.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

Posts: 22 | Registered: November 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chiefneon:
Howdy!

I like the new Ruger PC Charger Pistol. The only problem is you can’t find one anywhere. The only place I see them is on all the YouTube videos.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

I got the impression that the only people that had them initially were the youtubers and gun writers and that they had just released. Couple that with the sudden panic and it’ll probably be a few weeks, maybe months.

Ruger is usually good about not announcing anything before it’s ready to ship.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post