SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Braced 9mm pistol
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Braced 9mm pistol Login/Join 
posted
Im thinking about buying a braced pistol, the options are HK SP5, Omega K and B&T APC pro or B&T GMH9. the HK is more like an investment. this will be only purchase for a loooong time son what would be the best to buy?

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
The PCC market is very crowded right now... Lots of good options out there now, w/o breaking the bank !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIDp7OadbIs

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the CZ Evo, with a few minor changes. It's inexpensive (relatively,) mags are cheap as well, and VERY easy to clean.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Ruger just announced the PC Charger to what some have said is an already crowded market. The street price may make it an attractive option, however.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I agree...go with the new Ruger and you'll be ready for the next action adventure movie.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Of your list, I’d go HK but if you shoot Glocks, I’d look at mag compatibility. I like the CMMG Banshee for that. Much softer than a direct blowback gun and you have plenty of money leftover to outfit and buy ammo and stick mags.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not on your list, but one of the most reasonably priced, and one of the models that seems to get the most positive ratings is the Grand Power Stribog SP9A1-SB.

I've seen this one offered in the $800 to $850 range with a brace and it seems to get all positive reviews.

Another one that's not on your list but is an excellent choice if you like something different, is the Palmetto State Armory AK-V9. Excellent shooter and very dependable as well as being reasonably priced.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TFB had a review of this Ruger PCC and pointed out multiple cons. May be worth watching.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Man, that Ruger is grotesque.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Man, that Ruger is grotesque.

Well stated Oriental Redneck. This PCC may be good as a prop in a grade B Science Fiction movie.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Ruger does not do sleek

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Ruger does not do sleek

That's a given. But, that thing is just plain ugly, even by Ruger's standards. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by venenoindy:
Im thinking about buying a braced pistol, the options are HK SP5, Omega K and B&T APC pro or B&T GMH9. the HK is more like an investment. this will be only purchase for a loooong time son what would be the best to buy?

I like M16/M4 controls/format, therefore I would be looking at :
Quarter Circle 10 (Colt pattern, Glock pattern)
Angstadt Arms (Glock pattern)

Not converted, built for the pistol cartridge.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always see a ppsh when I look at the rugers.

OP are the scorpion and stribog not on your list for a particular reason? Not being crappy just curious. I had a scorpion and it was a great PCC.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DirectDrive:
quote:
Originally posted by venenoindy:

I like M16/M4 controls/format, therefore I would be looking at :
Quarter Circle 10 (Colt pattern, Glock pattern)
Angstadt Arms (Glock pattern)

Not converted, built for the pistol cartridge.

I built one on a Meridian Ordinance lower for Colt pattern mags and the SBPDW brace.
I do like it but I am wanting a Stribog as well.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IF the OP waits long enough, the next-gen Striborg is supposed to have radially delayed blowback, like HK's

Posts: 378 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Palmetto State Armory AK-V9. Excellent shooter and very dependable as well as being reasonably priced.

This! ^^^^^

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Delta-3:
quote:
Palmetto State Armory AK-V9. Excellent shooter and very dependable as well as being reasonably priced.

This! ^^^^^

I can find just about any other PCC but this are vaporware.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
They sell out as fast as they are made. PSA posts the ones made that day around 3-4 pm M-F. You have to watch & be fast to purchase one.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Ruger does not do sleek

You are being very diplomatic.