SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Colt 1903 Hammerless
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Colt 1903 Hammerless Login/Join 
Picture of arlen
posted
I just purchased a NIB Colt 1903 Hammerless .32ACP General Officers Pistol. It is a high polished royal blue finish.
Now the wait begins for my FFL to receive it.

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice looking pistol! I have my grandfather's, (made in 1911) but it's not near as nice as yours!

Posts: 1751 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Posts: 32417 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol. One of my favorite designs of all times. Though I'll doubt you'll shoot this example, they are incredibly accurate, even with their tiny sights. Congrats.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
That is beautiful! The only new ones I've seen were parkerized.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
That is beautiful! The only new ones I've seen were parkerized.

Colt has the Parkerized version, blue version, and the high polished blue version.
I do not like the Parkerized version. Why they offer that version, I do not know.

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arlen:
Colt has the Parkerized version, blue version, and the high polished blue version.
I do not like the Parkerized version. Why they offer that version, I do not know.

Because the original military contract Colt 1903s issued to U.S. Army General Officers from the 1940s through 1970s were also produced in both blued and parkerized versions.

Posts: 32417 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!

Posts: 13666 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
That is beautiful.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I've got an old one. Nifty little guns.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to hearing the range report on this. Patton carried one of these. I believe in .380 carried next to his package.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
I'm looking forward to hearing the range report on this. Patton carried one of these. I believe in .380 carried next to his package.

I believe Eisenhower carried one too. Dillinger apparently carried one, as well. Great gun. Have owned 4 and they are great to shoot. Feel quite natural in the hand.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Patton carried one of these. I believe in .380 carried next to his package.

Patton's was in .380. It was issued to him in August 1944, and he had custom grips made for it, inlaid with general's stars - originally 3, and later 4.

(But unless Patton's "package" was on his right hip, that part's not accurate...)

3 stars:

4 stars:

Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terra:
quote:

I believe Eisenhower carried one too. Dillinger apparently carried one, as well. Great gun. Have owned 4 and they are great to shoot. Feel quite natural in the hand.

They were in quite a lot of the movies of the '30s. Any time that some crook (Bogart, Cagney) pulled a pistol from his pocket, it was an '03 or '08 hammerless. To me, they are a wonderful CCW weapon, except for being SA. I am very paranoid of carrying around a cocked pistol with the only thing between me and disaster is a safety lever.
I truly wish Colt was remaking these in .380

Regards,
arlen

======================
======================

Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
It’s not hammerless. The hammer is internal. Hickock45 just did a video on this gun and field stripped it to show the hammer.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arlen:
To me, they are a wonderful CCW weapon, except for being SA. I am very paranoid of carrying around a cocked pistol with the only thing between me and disaster is a safety lever.
I truly wish Colt was remaking these in .380

It would be even better in 9mm. I don't think Colt is remaking these. I believe they just released the rights to U.S. Armament

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wingspar:
It’s not hammerless.

Right, but that's still the model name: "Colt Model 1903 Pocket Hammerless"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by wingspar:
It’s not hammerless.

Right, but that's still the model name: "Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless"

Yup, more of a marketing thing than anything else.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It was also to differentiate it from the similarly-named "Colt Model 1903 Pocket Hammer", which was a different design which had an exposed hammer.

posted Hide Post
If you haven't looked here yet, it's fun to take a look at the advertisements, production dates, one-offs, etc.

Colt Auto