SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Biggest surpise for me; I haven't bought a gun this year.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biggest surpise for me; I haven't bought a gun this year. Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
Just won a Walther P-5 compact on gunbroker, which is my "I'm done" gun....at least for awhile. Been finding too many "I wants" lately.
Guess I'm making up for the 3 years I didn't buy any.

I bet that cost you a pretty penny. Sold mine a few years back for two pretty pennies. The P5C is the grail Walther to many.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
My tax return allowed me to buy another Sig so far this year. I got my wife a Sig 938 and I liked it so much I decided to get one for myself as a backup gun. I should be able to pick it up first thing next week as it was transferred to dealer today.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a new P225-a1.Man what a nice shooting firearm.probably my next ccw.

Posts: 32 | Registered: January 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
12131:
You would have to ask that since I cant look at the gun right now. I shipped the gun to CoyoteKiller for a Moly Coat. The slide is marked JJ and all the other markings seem correct. I would guess it has a frame left over from the mud rail years.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
12131:
You would have to ask that since I cant look at the gun right now. I shipped the gun to CoyoteKiller for a Moly Coat. The slide is marked JJ and all the other markings seem correct. I would guess it has a frame left over from the mud rail years.

Would love some pics when you get it back, to file in the factoid vault. Thanks. Smile

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I was in the same boat until today! I tried to hold out, but failed miserably!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So much for my New Year resolution also. Dang PSA enablers--2 AR pistol lowers in my collection. One to be a 300 Blackout. The other TBD.

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
SoggySpinout,
How do you like your CZ82?
Mark

It's about what I expected, shooting-wise. Only a 50rd box of S&B through it, but it was accurate for me. I like it. Now I just need to find a supply of cheap 9x18 Mak. Another caliber...and maybe buy that Lone Wolf conversion barrel and a G42 and then I'll have TWO that shoot the caliber. But then at the same time I will have broken my 'unbuying' streak... Frown

What I didn't like about the CZ was the spray-on black finish and how it's "wearing down". On my example it hadn't thinned down like what you would find and expect with holster wear, but in a few spots the finish has flaked or chipped off. Looks rather like it received a cheapo rattle-can spray job. I'd dearly love to refinish it but alas the gun's not worth much ($300 tops), and everyone whose seen and handled it says that I need to leave it original.

If only the finish didn't look so 'bubba'...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Held out through 2017 without buying anything, but the Gen 5 Glocks are calling to me...

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last one I bought was mid 2017,a P229 from a member here.
I have however bought quite a bit of ammunition and spare magazines.
A few things have caught my eye but I haven't given in. I'm pretty happy with what I have now.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smith 915, 4586 and one of the CHP 4006s. Plus a pistol upper from PSA. Not sure if my 92fs was this year or last, but I've bought a bunch of parts and mags as well this year. Want a P30L and a railed 229 frame for a frankensig 228 also.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
Just won a Walther P-5 compact on gunbroker, which is my "I'm done" gun....at least for awhile. Been finding too many "I wants" lately.
Guess I'm making up for the 3 years I didn't buy any.

I bet that cost you a pretty penny. Sold mine a few years back for two pretty pennies. The P5C is the grail Walther to many.

I think I remember seeing yours in the classifieds (?), and wanting to buy it.
It was actually a pretty good deal, obviously wasn't cheap but I got it for the opening bid, so I'm happy.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last gun I bought was in 2015, though I have traded for two since then, both in 2017. My safe is pretty full right now and there is nothing out there that I really want right now. Plus I have a looming overseas tour comimg my way in 2019 that won't allow me to bring any weapons for a few years so there is no desire to add more that I will just end up storing or selling soon enough.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The prices are so good right now it’s hard not to buy.

Posts: 123 | Registered: July 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The bigger question is how much ammo you’ve gotten (not due to panic) but because it a good deal Wink.... I’m afraid to calculate it myself. But no guns in 2018.... didn’t make a resolution to it neither.

Posts: 106 | Registered: September 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Biggest surpise for me; I haven't bought a gun this year.

Not to fear, it is only 1 1/2 months into the year. Big Grin

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My goal the last two years has been to be total gun number neutral. FAIL

Last year 6 bought, 5 sold
This year (cough cough) 4 bought, 0 sold

I am banning myself from gun shows and stores for a while...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
LIFE IS SHORT - Just buy the gun...
Life Member - Texas State Rifle Association
Benefactor Life Member - NRA

Posts: 185 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: April 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
My take: The fewer guns you have, the better you know each of them. So, for me:

CF target: SIG X5 Comp with Burke action job
RF target: Beretta 87T
HD: The SIG X5 Comp again
CCW: SIG P238

So three guns total, not looking for another.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
In June or July of 2017, I bought an XD-9 Mod 2 Tactical, largely because of the rebate at that time and because I was so very pleased with my XD-S 9 3.3".

Then the other day I broke down and bought a CZ-75B Omega Convertible. Like PorterN said, I have a few I want to upgrade before I buy any more. Besides, my safe is pretty full now, which I consider a blessing. Wink

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
2018 is starting off better than 2017 and 2017 been berry, berry good to me!

Last year I picked up a P226 Legion SAO, an MPX, a VP9, and then went P320 bat-shit crazy. Bought my first one back in 11/2014. Was satisfied with just the one (along with a couple X-Change kits) until last year.

Picked up a TacOPs Carry 7/2017 when it looked like suppressors might come off the NFA list. Plus, it was the 4th of July and I thought what better way to celebrate then by buying a gun. In October, I came across a Compact .45. I was hooked, followed it with a Compact RX in December, an X-Carry last month, an X-Five last week, and a Full size .45 coming this week.

From one P320 to seven, with six of them in the past 7 months. With the modularity of the platform though, I decided to sell a couple of the 9/4/3 FCU’s and will probably sell one of the .45 FCU’s as well to cover some of the costs.

On top of that, I bought a couple of SP101 in 9mm to replace my wife’s .357 and my SW 640-Pro as part of my downsizing to 9mm/.45 calibers and getting rid of .40, .38/.357Mag.

Next up, I’m chomping at the bit for a P365...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post