SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Biggest surpise for me; I haven't bought a gun this year.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biggest surpise for me; I haven't bought a gun this year. Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted
Not that several don't interest me, but I've been on the sidelines all of this year to date...and even stretching back into October of last year when I bought an old CZ82. Must be some sort of (recent) record for me. And not even a New Year's resolution to go with this. This time last year I had fallen off the wagon and had three new guns in the ol' cupboards by St. Valentine's. This year...no similar compunction at all.

I must be gittin' old. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't bought any since May 2017. There certainly comes a point where adding another doesn't add much to the pleasure of ownership.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
You probably need a doctor.... Big Grin

Posts: 23415 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did not buy a single gun in all of 2017. Last week I saw a good deal on Anderson lowers ($32) and got three of them.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Sometimes the only motivator is price for me lately...but even that is hard to justify, since I don’t need anything.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I need to upgrade a couple of my guns before i add any more to the safe.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
It's still early in the year. Let us know if you still haven't in November.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the old age (77) i am having a hard time finding any thing i like under $2000.00 Smile.This week in Florida i was in three gun stores Shooters World Tampa, Reload Tarpon Springs and LGS Old Time Gun Shop Hudson. I must be losing it Smile.

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Biggest surprise, I only bought one so far this year. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AVG:
At the old age (77) i am having a hard time finding any thing i like under $2000.00 Smile.This week in Florida i was in three gun stores Shooters World Tampa, Reload Tarpon Springs and LGS Old Time Gun Shop Hudson. I must be losing it Smile.

you have refined and developed your taste, your taste buds are all grown up!

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
SoggySpinout,
How do you like your CZ82?
Mark

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I am trying not to. But I am on a gun a month at this point...March might be ugly for me.

Bought a loaded S&W Victory with a bunch of VQ stuff and a P320 X5. Both off the forum.

On the lookout for a 9mm Dan Wesson . And I want one of those B&T GHM9.

Didn't make it to March. Bought the Dan Wesson and a Sig Match Elite....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Beanhead,

Posts: 1350 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 so far for me. Prices caused me to jump:
P250 9mm compact with night sights and 3 mags - $350.
1988 German P226 triple serial (mud rails Eek) with 3 original zipperback mags - $400

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
None yet this year for me. When I walk into the local LGS I just can't find anything that peaks my interest.

Posts: 636 | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
1988 German P226 triple serial (mud rails Eek) with 3 original zipperback mags - $400

1988 P226 with "mud rails"? Are you sure they are true mud rails? From everything that I have seen/read, the mud rails were only made on the Tysons Corner P226s of 1986 and 1987.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Im in the same boat. Working part-time in a gun shop and examining all the latest guns has soured me on buying ANY new gun.

Im always more interested in what might walk in the door than I am in anything FedEx or UPS brings.

Everyday is a gunshow. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I only bought one rifle last year. 50BMG. Big Grin

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Hell I sold 2.

I did buy one though and that one is old school. So net I am down one. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
5 out, 4 in. Buy low, sell high.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Just won a Walther P-5 compact on gunbroker, which is my "I'm done" gun....at least for awhile. Been finding too many "I wants" lately.
Guess I'm making up for the 3 years I didn't buy any.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post