SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ Scorpion observation/PSA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Scorpion observation/PSA Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
Not sure where I read it initially, heck it may have been on here, but it was regarding the CZ Scorpion inner 1/2x28 thread protector. Somebody was reporting that there was a good chance of the inner thread protector (under the big birdcage one that is held on by the little detent bar) coming loose, to the point that it could walk off the end and then get stuck at a bad angle inside and potentially get struck by a round. One would not know until it was too late if they never removed the outer larger muzzle device to check.

Well after reading this I was curious so I checked mine, and it was indeed loosened at least 50%. Who knows how long it would have taken to come off or if it would have even happened, but that would have been very aggravating if it had gotten destroyed. Honestly I only have about 400 rounds through it thus far, and had no intention of taking the outer device off as I can’t have a can here in communist IL so I wouldn’t have known if not for reading about this person’s experience.

I have read a lot over the last few years about the Scorpion and this was news to me. I may be the last to know, but I figured if it can help someone else avoid an issue then it’s worth posting.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'll check mine.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Sure thing! I’d be interested to see who actually had discovered a similar finding to mine.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. I just checked mine and sure enough it was backed off a thread or two. I ended up just leaving off the small thread protector.

Posts: 212 | Registered: April 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I'll check mine tomorrow too.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The small thread protector has slots that are about the right size to use a dime to tighten it up.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I was wondering if perhaps placing a little o ring on before screwing it down if that may help to secure it better. Could always just blue loctite it I suppose as well.