SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 92FS Centurion fully upgraded
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92FS Centurion fully upgraded Login/Join 
posted
I picked this Beretta a few months ago, it was manufactured in 1994. I made a lot of upgrades, which are now complete. Need to shoot it to check the new sights.

- Wilson Combat ultrathin grips
- Beretta extended magazine release
- Installed Langdon Trigger Job in a Bag (which was challenging and replaced most trigger-related parts and all springs); DA/SA trigger is SWEET
- Integral front sight drilled-out and replaced with a fiber optic; rear sight replaced with a blacked out WC low-profile "U" sight
- New recoil spring

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Any pics?

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Added a picture, thought the "free" version of Photobucket is super slow and balky (no doubt intentionally, it was like using an image hosting program from the early 2000s).

I originally wanted the night sights, but I could not justify spending $300 on them. But $75 seemed reasonable from Allegheny Arms near Pittsburgh.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. My 92FS was made around the same year, I believe.

Been thinking about getting that Wilson Combat rear sight, though with a square notch. Also considering the WC mag guide.

Mine has the G conversion and I really like it. Have you considered doing that?

FYI, Langdon has a new trigger bar. It's supposed to shorten the SA reset.

FWIW, I've been using postimage for pic hosting. Might be worth looking into.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a sweet looking 92

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:
...Been thinking about getting that Wilson Combat rear sight, though with a square notch. Also considering the WC mag guide.

Mine has the G conversion and I really like it. Have you considered doing that?

FYI, Langdon has a new trigger bar. It's supposed to shorten the SA reset.

I could have gone either way with the WC rear sight, but went with the U.

I have thought and continue to think about the G conversion, but in the end, I like having a manual safety, even if it is oddly placed and sort of strange in how it functions. This is effectively a range toy so, for now, I'll keep it.

Damn it! New trigger bar? The DA pull is so smooth, by far best DA trigger I've ever shot. The SA trigger breaks clean like a thin glass rod, but it DOES have a lot of take-up. Would the trigger bar eliminate that? Sigh. I pulled it apart once, which was pretty nerve-wracking. No doubt it would be easier the second time.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
Damn it! New trigger bar? The DA pull is so smooth, by far best DA trigger I've ever shot. The SA trigger breaks clean like a thin glass rod, but it DOES have a lot of take-up. Would the trigger bar eliminate that? Sigh. I pulled it apart once, which was pretty nerve-wracking. No doubt it would be easier the second time.

I don't know about take-up, but it shortens both reset and overtravel.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H538XboLh1A

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

posted Hide Post
Thanks henryarnaud. That's not my cup of tea.

War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
VERY nice!

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Nice work. Love those 94” Centurions

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put 100 rounds through it. Went from a pure cover hold to more like a center mass hold, which is excellent. Very pleased, but I wish I brought more ammunition...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks henryarnaud. That's not my cup of tea.

I hear ya. My 92 is a home defense gun, and I'm not particularly interested in a shortened reset, but I thought it might interest you, or anyone else reading this thread.

posted Hide Post
quote:
but I wish I brought more ammunition...

Isn't that always the case? Wink

posted Hide Post
My favorite Beretta.

Posts: 636 | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I will be doing the same and converting to G. Love the railless centurions.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The rail-less Centurions are definitely special. Very nice pistol!

Posts: 655 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: September 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Got a couple of LTT optimized trigger bars in today. One dropped in and the other needed the over travel shaved a bit. It does do what the Wilson bar does while dramatically reducing the reset. However it does this by forgoing the firing pin block reset so these went into suppressor hosts.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
It does do what the Wilson bar does while dramatically reducing the reset.

That was my biggest concern about Ernie's trigger bar as I run my M9A1 with a 12lb main. If his gives the increased hammer arc like Wilson's then 99% sure I'll get one.

Not that the reset of a 92 was ever a concern to me (not even sure I noticed it), but hell, why not get one. Big Grin

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nice. Are the Wilson grips the same as the Langdon ones? How do you like them?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The grips are excellent. Change the entire feel and ergonomics of the pistol. I have fairly large hands, but the originals are pretty boxy. I suspect they are made by the same company (VZ?) and just branded differently.