SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    p220 srt vs p226 srt
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p220 srt vs p226 srt Login/Join 
posted
the only difference is the 220 has a new decocker, otherwise the sear and lever are the same right?

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I think the new decocker is to allow clearance for the grip thickness. The E2 and aluminum grips allow the use of the old one.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
I think the new decocker is to allow clearance for the grip thickness. The E2 and aluminum grips allow the use of the old one.

The old decocker with the longer thumb tab won't clear the E2 grip.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The original P220 Kit had 3 versions. The original P220 sear & decock lever were unique to the P220 so the original P220 SRT had a unique decock lever (the standard P Series decock will work with this sear but the activation point is much lower) . Number 2 version was a P220 sear with a bent standard decock lever to activate the decock at the same point. Number 3 SRT version was a standard P Series sear with a standard decock lever.

"The old decocker with the longer thumb tab won't clear the E2 grip".

This would be the 4th version of the P220 decock lever!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Yes, the Sear and the Safety Lever are the same.

Posts: 953 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

The old decocker with the longer thumb tab won't clear the E2 grip.

My bad. Wasn't sure about the E2 grips. Mostly because I've never had any on a P220. I have the checkered aluminum on (almost) all of them.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post