SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So my 3 month backordered X-Five Legion case arrived....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So my 3 month backordered X-Five Legion case arrived.... Login/Join 
Picture of heisrizn
posted
What a joke. This 5.11, $10 case isn't exactly what I expected......

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have just the opposite feeling. The new style case is way better that the old style thermal case that has no use.

The new style case has a functional use. I have used it a few times over the past month and compared to a few other brands single pistol case, I feel the 5.11 legion case is on par if not superior to the others.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I got mine a week or two ago. I have no use for hard cases. I think it's a nice little single pistol case. I'd rather have it than another hard case to stack in the corner of the basement.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
I think the initial issue was just expectation. I'm coming around...

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Trade you for mine.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I have the hard case and they are sending a soft case, sometime.

I am looking forward to the soft case. initially, I thought the hard case was cool, but it is very impractical for me.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
I have the hard case and they are sending a soft case, sometime.

I am looking forward to the soft case. initially, I thought the hard case was cool, but it is very impractical for me.

+1

Posts: 7796 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is still on backorder from Aug 14. 3 months, OK I should get my soft case middle of Nov!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4264 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Trade you for mine.

Beat me to it.

My 226 Legion came with the hard case, which was cool for about 30 seconds. Now it sits in a big box with the rest of my hard gun cases.

I'm actually looking forward to the 5.11 soft case for my 229 Legion RX. I have 3 5.11 cases that I uses constantly - solid gear.

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
It may be sacrilegious, but my Elite LTT has found a home in my soft Legion case

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I got mine a week or two ago. I have no use for hard cases. I think it's a nice little single pistol case. I'd rather have it than another hard case to stack in the corner of the basement.

+1 I like the new cases. I have zero use for the form stuffed, handle less hard cases.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A while back (say 50 years ago), I decided to no longer set a high expectation for the promotional crap that accompanies products. My memory struggles and thus I can’t quite recall the specific cereal & free, enclosed trinket that triggered that new stance, but I at least know it was at that time. I believe I was sitting in the grocery cart, being pushed by my mama.

That said, the new bag does seem to be more useful than the case.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dc54:
It may be sacrilegious, but my Elite LTT has found a home in my soft Legion case[/QUOTE

It is. We award you no points and may the Lord have mercy on your soul... Big Grin

Back to the topic - I much prefer the soft case personally. I hate the hard case and it will sit until then end of time boxed up in my storage area.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wish they would add this new soft case to the Legion store for those of us that received the original case.

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 546 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
My case and coin arrived yesterday.

It is kind of what I expected. I strongly prefer it to the hard shell case.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Mine showed up yesterday. 4 months later Smile

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I got one with the P226 I picked up used last week... I figured out it is the perfect size to hold the drone with controller I also just bought.

Not sure if it is the old or new model... has a semi soft exterior.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post