SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The 10mm SIG 220ST Project
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 65
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 10mm SIG 220ST Project Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My Father-in-Law is coming from Texas to visit around November 15th. He was looking forward to shooting my 10mm Sig P220. Is there a chance he'll get his wish or should I break the news now?

Posts: 141 | Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore | Registered: August 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the status of the 10mm build? Are we still on the first group?

Posts: 28 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: April 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't want to speak for GGI; but think only thing that's holding them up is mags from Metalform (I think)?

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbn8705
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flork:
quote:
Originally posted by sevans:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by motor:
Apologies if this has been brought up before.
Since glock was able to make a plastic 10mm, why don't we try a 10mm full size 250?

Anyone game? Maybe a while yet before the Sigs come out anyway, but doesnt hurt to ponder the requirements to try it.

Basically, I need interest from 15 or more people so I can get barrels made. How much interest is there?

I'd be very interested. Are you still considering this? A 10mm P250 would be very tempting!

I'm not sure if the 250 could handle a 10mm, it could possibly work if the round will fit in the mag opening in the frame.

I know wrong forum, and maybe I shouldn't suggest it b/c I wouldn't be ordering one myself, but if the 250 seems like a dubious candidate then how 'bout an HK45 in 10mm? Big Grin Excellent quality, built tough, recoil buffer system... That'd be a pretty hot gun!!!

Posts: 1208 | Location: Taichung 台中, Taiwan 台灣 | Registered: September 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbn8705:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sevans:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by motor:
Apologies if this has been brought up before.
Since glock was able to make a plastic 10mm, why don't we try a 10mm full size 250?

Anyone game? Maybe a while yet before the Sigs come out anyway, but doesnt hurt to ponder the requirements to try it.

Basically, I need interest from 15 or more people so I can get barrels made. How much interest is there?

I'd be very interested. Are you still considering this? A 10mm P250 would be very tempting!

I'm not sure if the 250 could handle a 10mm, it could possibly work if the round will fit in the mag opening in the frame.

I know wrong forum, and maybe I shouldn't suggest it b/c I wouldn't be ordering one myself, but if the 250 seems like a dubious candidate then how 'bout an HK45 in 10mm? Big Grin Excellent quality, built tough, recoil buffer system... That'd be a pretty hot gun!!!

We've talked about it. Once we finalize our first run of Sig 10mms, we'll look into doing the HK, but that will be down the road.

If you can find interested people, that would be a big plus.

Scott

------------------------------
-------------------------------------------
Scott @ Apex
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."
Leonard Novak - "Thee Gambler" (SASS)
------------------------------------------------

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

http://www.apextactical.com/bl...nternal-lubrication/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
While I'd be interested in an HK in 10MM, it won't be as good to me as a Sig220 in 10MM.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
We've talked about it. Once we finalize our first run of Sig 10mms, we'll look into doing the HK, but that will be down the road.

Scott

Just mention it at HKPRO.com, and watch out for the stampede.

----------
Would you PLEASE not eat my gun?

Posts: 6 | Registered: August 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MihoshiK:
quote:

Scott

Just mention it at HKPRO.com, and watch out for the stampede.

Already been done. They were talking about on there a while back and somebody said that it would be impossible because you could never get Bar-Sto to make the barrels for it. After talking to Irv at Bar-Sto about it, I now know it's as easy as it sounds.

There may be more interest now that we've done the Sig. If you want to mention it on there, please be my guest. In fact, if you want to, feel free to post the 10mm Sigs on the HKpro forum as well.

Scott

Scott @ Apex
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't want to "stir up any stuff": but Irv would not make H&K barrels in either 9mm "conversion" for 40 & 357 or "OEM replacements", so really interested in this post?

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scott,
What HK would you do the conversion on? The SIG is out for me due to cost of the base gun but I would love a HK 10mm.

"220ST (The Man) ROCKS"
Non Silba sed anthar
Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Posts: 1368 | Location: Surprise AZ | Registered: July 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ian Rice:
Scott,
What HK would you do the conversion on? The SIG is out for me due to cost of the base gun but I would love a HK 10mm.

It'd be the USP 45 or the HK 45, not sure which just yet.

You should be able to find a P220ST for around $800, but a USP is about the same.....Just a thought.

Scott @ Apex

Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
i was just going to post that too

i picked up my CPO 220ST for $600 and i think you can still get them for less than $700

i think there are several in the Classifieds now

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jarcher
posted Hide Post
Guys, is there any chance that these will be done before they are banned?

Just kidding... It won’t matter because after they are banned in a few months they will be confiscated anyhow.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Edmund Burke, 1729 - 1797

Posts: 2106 | Location: Charleston, SC US | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Throughout the 36 pages of this thread, all kind of conversions have been mentioned and discussed. I'm sure that there are some good ideas but I'd like to point out that this thread was started on August 7, 2007. A plan was made to convert 20 Sig P220ST's. Well it is now November 1, 2008 and the first 20 conversions have not yet been completed. I know because I have not received mine yet and have been informed by GGI that it will be about another month. My point here isn't to complain but to illuminate the fact that as easy as something may seem, challenges can "snowball", creating enormous delays. Anyone who has been a part of an engineering team will attest to the fact that bringing an idea to fruition requires an incredible amount of time and energy. The key is to focus on one project until it has been completed before moving on to the next. Smile

Posts: 141 | Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore | Registered: August 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drvink:
I'm sure that there are some good ideas but I'd like to point out that this thread was started on August 7, 2007. A plan was made to convert 20 Sig P220ST's. Well it is now November 1, 2008 and the first 20 conversions have not yet been completed. I know because I have not received mine yet and have been informed by GGI that it will be about another month. My point here isn't to complain but to illuminate the fact that as easy as something may seem, challenges can "snowball", creating enormous delays. Anyone who has been a part of an engineering team will attest to the fact that bringing an idea to fruition requires an incredible amount of time and energy. The key is to focus on one project until it has been completed before moving on to the next. Smile

Hear Hear....and Flork, please note that it is quite important that I receive my P220 10mm conversion, before Dr. Vink. Big Grin Anytime before X-mas is fine with me. Smile

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
quote:
ave been informed by GGI that it will be about another month. My point here isn't to complain but to illuminate the fact that as easy as something may seem, challenges can "snowball", creating enormous delays. Anyone who has been a part of an engineering team will attest to the fact that bringing an idea to fruition requires

Unfortunately, we have not been able to completely concentrate on the 10mm conversions.

Getting things like the magazines, springs and slide weights has been a huge pain in the ass. We're finally nearing completion of these guns.

I've got 3 more guns complete waiting for magazines. We're still waiting on the slide weights to arrive so we can weld and blend them into the slides.

I can't give anybody solid dates because I don't know how long ti's going to take to get everything finished up.

If the magazines come in as soon as they're promising and the slide weights come when they're promised, we should have some of the guns ready to ship by the end of the year.

Those customers who want the full boat ride will take a bit more time. We spent the last couple of weeks welding up and grinding out the custom beaver tails customers have asked for.

At present, we're packing up the shop to move to the new shop in
Spray. It's going to take 2-3 weeks to be setup and running again.

Scott

Scott @ Apex

posted Hide Post
How does it look for those of us in the second group who are still waiting to send our 220ST's to GGI?

Don't put those HK people in front of us!

Posts: 168 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken*:
How does it look for those of us in the second group who are still waiting to send our 220ST's to GGI?

Don't put those HK people in front of us!

The Sigs always have been our top priority.

Scott @ Apex

posted Hide Post
Hear Hear....and Flork, please note that it is quite important that I receive my P220 10mm conversion, before Dr. Vink. Big Grin Anytime before X-mas is fine with me. Smile[/QUOTE]

Anarion,

I won't mind if you get yours first but after reading Flork's post, it looks like you chances of getting it before Christmas are pretty slim. Which means I won't be getting mine, "in about another month." At this point, my family has grown tired of me telling them that my 10mm will be here soon. I think I'll just shut up and wait.

Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
Flork,
I'm quite certain, given your responses, that you and Bruce would love to have had our Kitten Killers fully completed by now. I knew that this wasn't going to be an overnight thing, , although I've got to confess, I didn't anticipate it would take this long....

Still, I'm sure we all would prefer that y'all do the job right, than just slap-dash any ol' thing together and ship it out. Smile I'm going to keep my fingers crossed on the prior to X-mas date anyway....

Drvink: You know I was kidding, right?

Yeah, I'm taking a little ribbing from my boss who's anxious to shoot this little gem when it comes in....and the guys that work at my range have stopped asking me about it as well. They figure, that they'll know the day I recieve it anyway, and I've promised them if they buy the ammo, I'll let them shoot it....

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post