SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The 10mm SIG 220ST Project
Page 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 10mm SIG 220ST Project Login/Join 
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mhanna77:
Bruce,

I'm still waiting for some items that were suppose to be shipped out on Fri, 18 Jan 2013 and then on Mon, 17 Jun 2013 and have not had any response from your email so i thought I might catch you here.

Base Pads - I don't have any on my mags, makes use difficult with the magwell.

New Mag Springs - You said this might help the feeding.

10rd Mags - Awaiting delivery on these.

Every round fired gets a significant dent in the side of the brass, I have been able to diagnose the problem - when ejected every case hits the slide (upper rear corner of the slide ejection port), I assume this is something that could be eliminated by adjusting the extractor. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Marcus, I'm sorry I responded to your questions so late! I'll call you tomorrow to discuss what we can do to adjust the 10mm and get mags to you. We have some new stuff that will help that I'm not quite ready to disclose here. Thank you! -Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mhanna77
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bruce, I'm getting a bounce back on your email for some reason, feel free to give me a call Friday afternoon after 3 EST or this weekend anytime.

Posts: 310 | Location: Cin-city | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks Bruce, I'm getting a bounce back on your email for some reason, feel free to give me a call Friday afternoon after 3 EST or this weekend anytime.

I'm out of the shop for a bit. I'll call when I can pop in, hopefully in a week or so? Thanks. --Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had one installed on mine and I am very pleased with the results, they are subtle, I believe SLOSIG has one in the pictures above.

Wow, I guess I haven't been watching this thread. Smile

Yes, gemurdock is absolutely correct. The pix on page 63 show the mag funnel. The first two show it from the side. Notice that the Nill grips don't go all the way to the bottom of the stock. Bruce did a fantastic job fitting these. They were the "bargain" ones from Sig and needed some internal work to fit on the frame above and beyond adjusting to work with the funnel. I am quite pleased with the mag funnel as well.

Posts: 6868 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gandog56
posted Hide Post
Has anyone here actually ever BOUGHT one of these?

People say I'm paranoid because I have so many guns. If I have many guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?

Posts: 345 | Location: Mobile, AL. | Registered: March 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gandog56:
Yes. Is there any reason for you to doubt this?

The 10mm SIG is the stuff of legends. Grayguns is offering you Excalibur.

Posts: 107241 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
In the 6 years that you have belonged to this Forum, many members have commissioned Gray Guns to do these conversions.

Why do you it with the word BOUGHT in caps?

I must presume that you posted that question without reading the thread first. There are quite a few images of the finished product done with different options and from different donor P220s

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here is my SIG P220/10 along with my HK MP5/10

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bdavis
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bought ONE? No.

Good luck

Posts: 4128 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mhanna77
posted Hide Post
Still awaiting some assistance here with my 10mm.

quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:
Bruce,

I'm still waiting for some items that were suppose to be shipped out on Fri, 18 Jan 2013 and then on Mon, 17 Jun 2013 and have not had any response from your email so i thought I might catch you here.

Every round fired gets a significant dent in the side of the brass, I have been able to diagnose the problem - when ejected every case hits the slide (upper rear corner of the slide ejection port), I assume this is something that could be eliminated by adjusting the extractor. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Marcus, I'm sorry I responded to your questions so late! I'll call you tomorrow to discuss what we can do to adjust the 10mm and get mags to you. We have some new stuff that will help that I'm not quite ready to disclose here. Thank you! -Bruce

Posts: 310 | Location: Cin-city | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
quote:
Bruce,

Thanks!

I shot you a line a few days ago and will try you again Monday. -B

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Picture of mhanna77
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

quote:
quote:
Bruce,

Thanks!

I shot you a line a few days ago and will try you again Monday. -B

Bruce, I will be available from Friday evening EST throughout the entire weekend by cell and always through Email. I would love to hear where we are with these parts and thoughts of the functionality. Thanks, Marcus.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
quote:
Here is my SIG P220/10 along with my HK MP5/10

The words "I HATE YOU" fill my mind with for no rational reason. Frown Big Grin

Posts: 4125 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
marinated and
bacon-wrapped

Picture of getupatree
posted Hide Post
Bruce,

Are these conversions still being offered?

I have a P220 stainless with external extractor - the SSS model that would work well.

My 10th wedding anniversary is coming up in December and the wife suggested a "special" gun for me...right after she showed me the diamond band she wants.

A GGI 10mm on my 10th would be amazing.

I would much prefer this route but would try to find a nice used S&W 10mm if you have halted production on these.

Thanks!

Posts: 1835 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by getupatree:
Bruce,

Are these conversions still being offered?

I have a P220 stainless with external extractor - the SSS model that would work well.

My 10th wedding anniversary is coming up in December and the wife suggested a "special" gun for me...right after she showed me the diamond band she wants.

A GGI 10mm on my 10th would be amazing.

I would much prefer this route but would try to find a nice used S&W 10mm if you have halted production on these.

Thanks!

Thanks for asking! Please contact me directly and I'll discuss our options here. I appreciate your interest very much. -Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

marinated and
bacon-wrapped

Picture of getupatree
posted Hide Post
Bruce: THANKS! I will contact you directly after the holiday.

Must have just missed your post the last time I was able to log on.

Posts: 1835 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With Sig introducing the 220 10mm will Bruce continue to do these conversions or switch over to doing more of a gray guns custom package on the sig factory 10mm?

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Hi! Ethically, we would prefer to avoid building custom conversions at necessarily substatial cost to our friends if there as a reasonable and technically superiour alternative from our mother company.we're all doing our little part to make the new P220-10 everything our conversions aspired to be and much more. I intend to promote the idea of offering a GGI - Sigforum model that would incorporate our new precision machined fire control parts and sights so that our friends here need not feel any need to do more. In truth, the factory 10 promises to be great right out of the box in action feel and detailing to start. When I say "SIG is better" I mean it!

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

posted Hide Post
Thanks a million Bruce. You are a great resource here on the forum. What are the odds of a GGI-Sig Forum model? I would like to get a 220-10 soon but would wait for something like you mentioned. Although if it could be done to a factory 220-10 down the road I think it would be well worth it too.

quote:
Hi! Ethically, we would prefer to avoid building custom conversions at necessarily substatial cost to our friends if there as a reasonable and technically superiour alternative from our mother company.we're all doing our little part to make the new P220-10 everything our conversions aspired to be and much more. I intend to promote the idea of offering a GGI - Sigforum model that would incorporate our new precision machined fire control parts and sights so that our friends here need not feel any need to do more. In truth, the factory 10 promises to be great right out of the box in action feel and detailing to start. When I say "SIG is better" I mean it!

-Bruce

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll add mine to the thread

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post