SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The 10mm SIG 220ST Project
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 65
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 10mm SIG 220ST Project Login/Join 
Picture of signoir
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
BTW, what you are seeing is the third customer gun as it came back from the range. The mags are 8-round Metalform. We will supply 10-round mags as well. I'd like to ask each of you to tell us what combination of 8's and 10's you'd like? We'll also have extra mags available for sale on a reasonable cost-plus basis to keep you all in mags 'till Hell freezes over.

-Bruce

Bruce - get'n time for me to pay up. Need to pick 8's and 10's. Do you have pics of the 10 rounders in your mag well?

"When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power...like God must feel... when he's holding a gun!" H. Simpson.

Posts: 1044 | Registered: July 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When are we doing a group buy on 10mm Ammo ?

Posts: 395 | Registered: June 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
I can probably aid you fellas in that. I should be able to get a good price from our supplier if we buy in bulk. Let me look into the prices I can get and we'll see what we can do for you guys.

------------------------------
-------------------------------------------
Scott @ Apex
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."
Leonard Novak - "Thee Gambler" (SASS)
------------------------------------------------

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

http://www.apextactical.com/bl...nternal-lubrication/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
in case some of you have missed it, the GGI traning website is up and i just tweaked it a bit including pictures with captions

how is this related to the 10mm project you might ask?

in the gallery, you'll find a picture of a 220 Elite converted to 10mm and refinished in Gray-gun-nite

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The greater the ignorance, the greater the dogmatism." - Sir William Osler
posted Hide Post
9mm,
Funny you should mention the 10mm project in the gallery of the training site. I was thinking this AM that there should be a page on the GGI's site dedicated to this pistol conversion and poof your post. Guess great minds do thing alike - well some what anyway Wink
Wangle

Posts: 305 | Location: OR | Registered: August 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
it's a bit easier for me to update the traininng site than the regular site...that's why is doesn't look as nice Big Grin

great minds...hhmm...kick back and let the dark side out Wink

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Exciting project, this 10mm Sig. I can say a little about the barrels.

Bar-Sto's reputation does not need bolstering, but I had a chance to visit their facility. Great shop.

Irv Stone gave me a tour of the steps from bars of stainless steel to finished barrels. Even saw some barrels for this project.

I left with the impression Irv makes sure anything leaving his shop is of the highest quality.

Posts: 119 | Registered: May 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by harrygun229:
Exciting project, this 10mm Sig. I can say a little about the barrels.

Bar-Sto's reputation does not need bolstering, but I had a chance to visit their facility. Great shop.

Irv Stone gave me a tour of the steps from bars of stainless steel to finished barrels. Even saw some barrels for this project.

I left with the impression Irv makes sure anything leaving his shop is of the highest quality.

+ a million for Irv and his products. There are none better, nor better people.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bruce, agree a million about Barsto and remarks apply a million+1 about you and your crew!

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motor
posted Hide Post
Apologies if this has been brought up before.
Since glock was able to make a plastic 10mm, why don't we try a 10mm full size 250?

Anyone game? Maybe a while yet before the Sigs come out anyway, but doesnt hurt to ponder the requirements to try it.

SIGforum's Resident Vegan

Posts: 1756 | Location: 48 45'31.14"N 122 29'18.89"W | Registered: January 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
Hadn't thought about it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. As long as the frames and opening in the frame rail is large enough for a 45 size magazine, we're good to go.

How much interest is there?

Incase you fellas are hoping for an update, we're nearly done with the breech face cleanups. After that's finished, we're moving on to adding weight to those slides that have been lightened by the factory, it's about 60% in case you wanted to know.

Once we have the weight blocks in and ground to perfection, we'll start fitting barrels, this it's off to the refinishing shop for the Graygunite/Super Black for those who want it.

Torie and Roy spent most of last week working on magazine wells and beaver tails for those who requested them. If you're debating between getting a mag well or not, remember this.......Chicks Dig Mag Wells.... Wink

We're making progress, with the 10mms on a daily basis, it's just a slow process to finish them.

Scott @ Apex
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signoir
posted Hide Post
quote:

Incase you fellas are hoping for an update, we're nearly done with the breech face cleanups. After that's finished, we're moving on to adding weight to those slides that have been lightened by the factory, it's about 60% in case you wanted to know.

Once we have the weight blocks in and ground to perfection, we'll start fitting barrels...

It's obvious that a caliber conversion done right is an involved process. It's gratifying to see that GG is attending to all the details. Thanks for the update.

"When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power...like God must feel... when he's holding a gun!" H. Simpson.

Posts: 1044 | Registered: July 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signoir:
quote:

Once we have the weight blocks in and ground to perfection, we'll start fitting barrels...

It's obvious that a caliber conversion done right is an involved process. It's gratifying to see that GG is attending to all the details. Thanks for the update.

and the details are immense. We've redone 6 breech faces due to them looking kinda "Off", the dimensions were perfect, but it has to look good too, so we're making them all look as perfect as possible.

Scott @ Apex

posted Hide Post
Cool

Any idea on starting a Ammo group buy >

Posts: 395 | Registered: June 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
It's a bit late now, but let me talk to my supplier and see what kind of killer deal I can get on High Quality reloads.

Anybody interested?

Scott

Scott @ Apex

Picture of NorfolkP229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motor:
Since glock was able to make a plastic 10mm, why don't we try a 10mm full size 250?

Anyone game? Maybe a while yet before the Sigs come out anyway, but doesnt hurt to ponder the requirements to try it.

Someone over on the HKPro boards did a conversion an a fullsize USP to 10mm. I have heard some rumblings from GGI about doing a USP 10mm conversion.

---------------
Jeffrey

P365 - GGI P220ST 10mm - Sig Mosquito - Various Others

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. " - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7894 | Location: WNC Native, now in Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: August 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flork:
It's a bit late now, but let me talk to my supplier and see what kind of killer deal I can get on High Quality reloads.

Anybody interested?

Scott

I'm definitely interested.

NRA Endowment member, because who else is going to protect your 2nd amendment right?

Posts: 157 | Location: Roanoke, VA | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gemurdock:
quote:

Anybody interested?

Scott

I'm definitely interested.

Me too!

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NorfolkP229:
quote:
Originally posted by motor:

Basically, I need interest from 15 or more people so I can get barrels made. How much interest is there?

Someone over on the HKPro boards did a conversion an a fullsize USP to 10mm. I have heard some rumblings from GGI about doing a USP 10mm conversion.

Scott @ Apex

Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:

Anybody interested?

Scott
I just got back from a business trip, so I just saw this.

I'm very interested.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post