SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The 10mm SIG 220ST Project
Page 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 65
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 10mm SIG 220ST Project Login/Join 
Picture of Zan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pcshooter:
Hello Grayguns gang!

Any thoughts on a second run of 10mm P220ST's?

I finally have the funds and it's burnin' a hole in my pocket! Smile

I would buy one if you did another run.

"This weapon is now your tongue and your poetry will be written in blood!" Nobody

Posts: 251 | Registered: September 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the continued interest in this project!

I still have some things to iron out as far as functioning with various loads before I am completely happy. Of the pistols delivered from our first group, we've had three that I know of which have exhibited some feeding issues with loads we either didn't test, or which have been changed by the ammo maker. This is corrected by a change in the feedramp profile and a bit of minor mag tweaking.

We still have one pistol in the shop that has had issues requiring further rework, and two others that are all but ready to go but which languished while I have been recuperating.

Once I am sure everyone is happy with their 10's, we'll order more barrels from BarSto and get to work on round two. I am sure once we're done with these first examples that the next group will go very smoothly, and not take nearly so long. I'll never be able to adequately thank each of you for your patience!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
BTW, the 10-round mags are here finally!

I'll contact each of you to get extra orders together for these.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you are back at work Bruce. Hope all is going well.

I am still interested in the 10mm 220ST.

Posts: 168 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signoir
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:

-Bruce

Bruce,

Are the 10 rounders physically longer than the 8 rounders? If so, would you be able to post a picture of one seated in a P220 with an extended magwell?

"When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power...like God must feel... when he's holding a gun!" H. Simpson.

Posts: 1044 | Registered: July 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CPUFIXER
posted Hide Post
no feed problems here, although my 10mm is kept in vault the likes that even Charley's Angels could break into. Razz

Posts: 1397 | Location: Huntersville, NC | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signoir:
quote:

-Bruce

Bruce,

Are the 10 rounders physically longer than the 8 rounders? If so, would you be able to post a picture of one seated in a P220 with an extended magwell?

They are longer. Will do! -Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
sorry but i am too lazy to read through the 56 pages to see if this has been asked before or not.

why use a 220/.45 and do breech face work to down size to a 10mm/.40 breech when there is already a Sig 226/229 .40 with correct breech face?

of course i am no gunsmith but you can use a .40 call 1911 for 10mm and vica versa so why not a .40 226/229? make a barrel change?

are the mags just not going to work for the 10mm from the .40?

just curious. as i would love to have a 10mm Sig but funds are not around right now for such a project.

keep up the good work and thanks for bringing the 10mm to Sig.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
I'm too lazy to give you a good answer, but it might be that some people like the 220SS and not the 226. They're two different guns. But thanks for asking. Maybe Bruce has time to explain it.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
What I've heard is that the 226 slide is just barely the wrong size/shape to be mated to a 220 frame. I would also guess that you couldn't accomodate a 10mm round in a 226 frame without extensive surgery, since one member of this board found that such surgery would be necessary to convert a 226 to .38 Super.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Bruce,

Will this project be something that Grayguns continues to offer in the future?

I really would like to ad one of these to my stable but can't swing it financially at the current time.

I assume that a project like this requires doing multiple guns to make it feasible.

Kevin

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by signoir:
quote:

-Bruce

Bruce,

They are longer. Will do! -Bruce

Hi Bruce, did you ever get a chance to take pictures of the longer mags?

NRA Endowment member, because who else is going to protect your 2nd amendment right?

Posts: 157 | Location: Roanoke, VA | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Hi! I do need pics of the 10-round mags, of which we have had a case sitting here fro a few months that finally arrived from our magazine vendor.

I'd like to start getting them out to y'all. I'll get pics up tomorrow morning. Thanks for the prodding, I need it!

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Bruce,

Will this project be something that Grayguns continues to offer in the future?

I really would like to ad one of these to my stable but can't swing it financially at the current time.

I assume that a project like this requires doing multiple guns to make it feasible.

Kevin

Kevin, we will do more on a custom basis over time. I had enough of a learning curve (along with other issues to correct that required extensive reworks) that I have wanted to hold off on a second run until I had everything 100% right with the first group. I have four of these 10mm pistols (three minor reworks and one that hasn't gone home yet due to a strange grip fit issue that was suprisingly hard to solve) here in the shop for various small but important little details that I have finally massaged and tweaked to my satisfaction. I'm about ready to announce a second run, with priority for those who expressed interest and were placed on a list back in 2008 and 2009. To ensure that they are 100% what they should be and to make them at least reasonably profitable for GGI (we lost on the first batch!) I intend to build the next 10's as higher-end custom items to individual order, but with a limited menu of options. All will be in SuperBlack and I plan to offer our 220 Integral Magwell as standard-issue, for examples.

I'll be talking about it here and on a new thread pretty soon, thank you!

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll be talking about it here and on a new thread pretty soon, thank you!

Thanks for the update.

I look forward to seeing it. I'm glad to hear it will be around again from time to time.

Glad you have gotten the kinks ironed out (what project doesn't have kinks?)

Kevin

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bruce,

Since I'm one of the lucky four who hasn't received his 10mm yet, may I assume that I'll see mine soon? If you have "finally massaged and tweaked" these to your satisfaction, I'll be looking for that tracking number soon.

Posts: 141 | Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore | Registered: August 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nfarrar
posted Hide Post
Will you ever offer the 10mm conversion for the P220 Match Elite!!?? I already have one. If you will offer this in the future I will go ahead and order another!

Nick Farrar
Sig P220 Match Elite P220 Combat P226ST .40 x2 P229R .40 P229ST .40 P239 SAS .40 Kimber Royal
Colt Python Kahr CW9 to many ARs to mention.

Posts: 88 | Location: Monroe, LA | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
A 10mm P220 match elite would be ass kick'n. Might make me break open the piggybank.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bob ramberg,

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1366 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drvink:
Bruce,

Since I'm one of the lucky four who hasn't received his 10mm yet, may I assume that I'll see mine soon? If you have "finally massaged and tweaked" these to your satisfaction, I'll be looking for that tracking number soon.

Hiya! I recieved your recent message and am happy to tell you that it's ready to go finally. Your pistol had more than a few issues that took me time to correct. You have been most patient of all, and I'll seek a remedy for your inconvenience in some form acceptable to you. It will leave GGI on Tiesday, our next shipping pickup. I'll send you shipping info presently, with my gratitude.

Publicly, here and now, I apologize for your longest of all waits.

To paraphrase MacArthur, these proceedings are now closed.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
To both our previous 10mm customers and our prospective clients, I have the following message:

This project has taught me a lot that I can use. Chief amongst these various lessons is the renewed realization that I do no favours by skimping on features to save a few bucks. It's a false economy to forgo SuperBlack and a magwell if the final result might not be everything possible which we, and you, expect and deserve.

Thus, when we announce our next 10mm iteration, it will be with this in mind: these will be built individually by me alone, as the high grade custom pistols which the first run ultimately became at the sharp point of my sense of standards and ethics.

It's no secret that GGI lost a small bundle on these fisrt 10mm pistols, but not everything should be about money. It's my goal to make the subsequent 10's as excellent as possible while at least not losing on them. I will ask your understanding on this point, as we define the features and pricing for these.

Please expect an announcement by separate thread as soon as I have final delivery schedules for barrels from our friends at BarSto.

The 10mm P220 is a reality now, and will continue. Thank you all for patence and faith in our efforts that I never could have asked for, nor expected that I would need from you. I will do all I can to honour those that pioneered this with us by building the best SIG's the world has ever seen, or die trying.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.