SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The 10mm SIG 220ST Project
Page 1 ... 62 63 64 65
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 10mm SIG 220ST Project Login/Join 
Picture of mhanna77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mhanna77:
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:
Still awaiting some assistance here with my 10mm.

quote:
quote:
Bruce,

I'm still waiting for some items that were suppose to be shipped out on Fri, 18 Jan 2013 and then on Mon, 17 Jun 2013 and have not had any response from your email so i thought I might catch you here.

Base Pads - I don't have any on my mags, makes use difficult with the magwell.

New Mag Springs - You said this might help the feeding.

10rd Mags - Awaiting delivery on these.

Every round fired gets a significant dent in the side of the brass, I have been able to diagnose the problem - when ejected every case hits the slide (upper rear corner of the slide ejection port), I assume this is something that could be eliminated by adjusting the extractor. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Marcus, I'm sorry I responded to your questions so late! I'll call you tomorrow to discuss what we can do to adjust the 10mm and get mags to you. We have some new stuff that will help that I'm not quite ready to disclose here. Thank you! -Bruce

I shot you a line a few days ago and will try you again Monday. -B

Bruce, I will be available from Friday evening EST throughout the entire weekend by cell and always through Email. I would love to hear where we are with these parts and thoughts of the functionality. Thanks, Marcus.

Bruce, Still looking for help on the above items... Looks like the last poster has some fancy base pads on his mags.

Posts: 310 | Location: Cin-city | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Going kinda off topic, but has anyone compared a P220 10mm with a Grayguns 10mm yet?

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signoir
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Going kinda off topic, but has anyone compared a P220 10mm with a Grayguns 10mm yet?

And what about parts interchangability? Sig 10mm mags and recoil springs in Grayguns 10mm?

"When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power...like God must feel... when he's holding a gun!" H. Simpson.

Posts: 1044 | Registered: July 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mhanna77
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Still awaiting some assistance here with my 10mm.

quote:
quote:
Bruce,

I'm still waiting for some items that were suppose to be shipped out on Fri, 18 Jan 2013 and then on Mon, 17 Jun 2013 and have not had any response from your email so i thought I might catch you here.

Base Pads - I don't have any on my mags, makes use difficult with the magwell.

New Mag Springs - You said this might help the feeding.

10rd Mags - Awaiting delivery on these.

Every round fired gets a significant dent in the side of the brass, I have been able to diagnose the problem - when ejected every case hits the slide (upper rear corner of the slide ejection port), I assume this is something that could be eliminated by adjusting the extractor. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Marcus, I'm sorry I responded to your questions so late! I'll call you tomorrow to discuss what we can do to adjust the 10mm and get mags to you. We have some new stuff that will help that I'm not quite ready to disclose here. Thank you! -Bruce

I shot you a line a few days ago and will try you again Monday. -B

Bruce, I will be available from Friday evening EST throughout the entire weekend by cell and always through Email. I would love to hear where we are with these parts and thoughts of the functionality. Thanks, Marcus.

Bruce, Still looking for help on the above items... Looks like the last poster has some fancy base pads on his mags.

Bruce, Tim is suggesting mags and their 10mm locking insert might be worth a try to improve reliability. I still don't have the mags with basepads to allow proper reloads with the funnel you added.

Posts: 310 | Location: Cin-city | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does Bruce still do this conversion on the 220ST now that Sig has come out with the 10mm version? I own a 220ST, but can't really get the standard 10mm 220 because, well, I live in Kalifornia! Frown Was thinking about doing the conversion. Anyone know and can ballpark an estimate for conversion? Thanks.

Posts: 104 | Registered: April 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hoser:
Does Bruce still do this conversion on the 220ST now that Sig has come out with the 10mm version? I own a 220ST, but can't really get the standard 10mm 220 because, well, I live in Kalifornia! Frown Was thinking about doing the conversion. Anyone know and can ballpark an estimate for conversion? Thanks.

Anyone know?

Posts: 104 | Registered: April 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Anyone know?

Thats a question only Bruce can really answer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caliSigGuy
posted Hide Post
I wound up being able to pick up one of the original converted 10mm P220s on the aftermarket. The gun is amazing.

What kind of commercial ammo have you folks found that works well? I found that HPR 180G FMJs get stuck on the feed ramp. I haven't yet gotten ahold of any other "full power" loads other then the HPR ammo.

American Eagle and CorBon range ammo feeds fine in mine though. I also found Barnes "Vor-Tx" hollowpoints feed well.

It came with a very limited selection of magazines for my liking.

I have been attempting to get in contact with Bruce, but so far our schedules have not met.

Does anyone know if Sig's new 10mm p220 mags will work in the GrayGuns conversion p220s?

Additionally, does anyone know what recoil and main spring weights are used in these guns? I'm looking for a source for a few spare springs.

In case Mr. Gray reads this... I have one question specifically for him: My pistol is currently equipped with adjustable target sights in the standard dovetails. These sights stick up quite a bit. Is it possible to fit an X-five style rear sight to the slide that is lower to the slide?

----------
I am known by unusedusername on calguns

Posts: 236 | Location: Between SJC and SFO | Registered: January 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine will feed any ammo I've put through it. During the first 100 reds I had a few FTF with Hornaday. But no issues since then. I've run Atomic, Hornaday, Amscor, American eEagle so far. Plus a variety of hand load recipes finding the one I like best

The new Sig mags do not work. I just received one from Sig the other week and tested it. Does not feed correctly It maybe an easy fix, waiting to hear back from Bruce

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this months American Rifleman magazine has an article on this gun , by Wiley Clap.

a third of the article is 10mm history , and the balance of the read is very vague ,
almost like he read other articles about it and then went and shot it for awhile.

If you do not get the magazine, the article
does not have much to offer.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
...has an article on this gun , by Wiley Clap.

...the balance of the read is very vague ,
almost like he read other articles about it and then went and shot it for awhile.

Reading the above, one would almost think that you would have met the author Roll Eyes

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any word on when we can expect P220 Nitrons in 10mm?

Can't wait to get one of the first to roll out of the factory.

Posts: 19 | Registered: July 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DixieFlatline78:
Any word on when we can expect P220 Nitrons in 10mm?

Can't wait to get one of the first to roll out of the factory.

Hey, um, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Nitrons came out around July of 2015. You can shop around and hope for one every now and then, but there are two of them on that popular gun auction website right now...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I meant "standard" "base model" P220s in 10mm.

Only thing on there are the Elites and SAO models.

Posts: 19 | Registered: July 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I picked up my stainless version today after waiting almost a year. Man this is one serious pistol

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gandog56
posted Hide Post
I want one so bad. But I SO cannot afford one. Guess I'll have to wait until somebody sells a used one.

People say I'm paranoid because I have so many guns. If I have many guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?

Posts: 345 | Location: Mobile, AL. | Registered: March 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
After all this time, my GGI P220 10mm is still my favorite Sig.
Thanks, Bruce and company.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a huge fan of the 10mm, and I'd be ALL over a p220 (if they were readily available in SA/DA like my p226 Legions), but I'm afraid the lower mag capacity is essentially a deal-breaker for me. My double-stack p226s hold 20 rounds, while I don't believe the single-stack p220 holds even half of that.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin.

Posts: 30 | Location: USA | Registered: January 24, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
8 rounds of 10mm ain't bad, but that is one reason I went with a Springfield XDM which has 16 rounds and shoots very well.

Rule Number Nine - Always carry a knife.

Posts: 35 | Registered: June 19, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post