SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The 10mm SIG 220ST Project
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 65
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 10mm SIG 220ST Project Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Anarion,

Of course I new you were kidding! I really meant that I wouldn't mind if you got yours first but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't want that to be next week!!!
I agree that we all prefer waiting until the conversions are done right. I'm sure that Bruce and Scott ran into many issues during this project. It is inevitable when attempting something of this nature.

Posts: 141 | Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore | Registered: August 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anarion:
Flork,
I'm quite certain, given your responses, that you and Bruce would love to have had our Kitten Killers fully completed by now. I knew that this wasn't going to be an overnight thing, , although I've got to confess, I didn't anticipate it would take this long....

Still, I'm sure we all would prefer that y'all do the job right, than just slap-dash any ol' thing together and ship it out. Smile I'm going to keep my fingers crossed on the prior to X-mas date anyway....

Drvink: You know I was kidding, right?

Yeah, I'm taking a little ribbing from my boss who's anxious to shoot this little gem when it comes in....and the guys that work at my range have stopped asking me about it as well. They figure, that they'll know the day I recieve it anyway, and I've promised them if they buy the ammo, I'll let them shoot it....

I'd love to have them finished for X-mas.

I'm hoping to use the move to the new shop as a way to get us organized to finish up some long term projects. If I can do nothing but build 10mms for the next month, we should be able to get the majority delivered, but I won't know until I get to work on them.

------------------------------
-------------------------------------------
Scott @ Apex
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."
Leonard Novak - "Thee Gambler" (SASS)
------------------------------------------------

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

http://www.apextactical.com/bl...nternal-lubrication/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signoir
posted Hide Post
Back when this project started, I seem to remember Flork saying that he expected the first set of conversions to be finished in Feb or Mar. I didn't think that I needed to ask what YEAR... But I know how these things go. I'm sure that GGI needs to balance work on the 10mm project with other sources of income and inconsistent availability of parts and oursourced services. In addition, there's the element of craftmanship that makes this project more than just an exercise in manufacturing. It's been a long wait - but that'll just make the payoff that much more rewarding.

"When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power...like God must feel... when he's holding a gun!" H. Simpson.

Posts: 1044 | Registered: July 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signoir:
Back when this project started, I seem to remember Flork saying that he expected the first set of conversions to be finished in Feb or Mar. I didn't think that I needed to ask what YEAR... But I know how these things go. I'm sure that GGI needs to balance work on the 10mm project with other sources of income and inconsistent availability of parts and oursourced services. In addition, there's the element of craftmanship that makes this project more than just an exercise in manufacturing. It's been a long wait - but that'll just make the payoff that much more rewarding.

I was mistaken to tell all of you Feb or Mar, I was told this job would be done by then.....I guess I need to start listening to myself.

Scott @ Apex
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in for an HK 10mm. Just tell me what base gun you want, and when to send it.

Posts: 9 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Hell, i have no pistol in this make but i am eagerly awaiting more pictures of the beauty that is Grayguns work.

I'm excited about this project as an observer because i want to see the finished result. If anyone can do this conversion well, it's Grayguns.

If they keep offering it long term, eventually i'll get one when i can afford it. Until then i have to live vicariously through the ones who ordered one. I can't wait for another range report.

Kevin

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Hell, i have no pistol in this make but i am eagerly awaiting more pictures of the beauty that is Grayguns work.

I'm excited about this project as an observer because i want to see the finished result. If anyone can do this conversion well, it's Grayguns.

If they keep offering it long term, eventually i'll get one when i can afford it. Until then i have to live vicariously through the ones who ordered one. I can't wait for another range report.

Kevin

http://lundestudio.com/2008SHOTShow/

Scott @ Apex

Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
Scott and Bruce -

Still waiting for the other 10mm 220 guys to do range reports and share pictures...

Well worth the wait!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 220parts,

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Posts: 891 | Location: SW, NH | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
220parts,

Can't do range report or post pics before we receive ours......

Posts: 141 | Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore | Registered: August 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drvink:
220parts,

Can't do range report or post pics before we receive ours......
Yes, 220parts, you're the only one I've heard of that has received theirs.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
Just spoke with Bruce, and they are almost finished moving.

The GGI Shop phone number has changed to:

541 468-3840

I will have to post more 10mm photos - until the other 10s escape Oregon and are displayed here.

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Posts: 891 | Location: SW, NH | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
220parts very nice photo! The gun is looking better each time Cool

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
A few more...

Veni, Vidi, Risi

posted Hide Post
220 parts, never realized you were so sadistic, tormenting us with all the beautiful pics! LOL

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
More torment!

Veni, Vidi, Risi

posted Hide Post
220 parts, you'r having way too much fun torturing us mere mortals! Although you were only 2 feet away from the target to get this tight group, you're still "anticipating" and pushing the gun over for the low left grouping! LOL

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
And the "Secret" box for the 220 10mm guns!

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220parts:
And the "Secret" box for the 220 10mm guns!

Where do I get one of those??

Scott @ Apex

Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
Flork -

Have you checked with the shipping dept. at GGI?

I hope you did not misplace them during the move!!

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Picture of eternal24k
posted Hide Post
Someone should seriously start a GGI pic thread. PLEASE Big Grin

Posts: 2000 | Location: Passing all 4s on 2 | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post