SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The 10mm SIG 220ST Project
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 65
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 10mm SIG 220ST Project Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Originally posted by Shinobi:
... I do give major cudos to GGI for bringing use the first 10mm sig ever ...
It's not the first. It may be the first that works properly but it's not the first. Smile

Someone on here thought it was a simple barrel swap and ordered one from Barsto a few (3? 4?) years back. I wish I knew who it was because I want to buy that barrel. Wink

But you are right, Shinobi. Kudos to GGI. I wish I could justify the cost. Of course it may be worth it just to have a P220ST that actually works.

That was me who tried a few years back...sorry I have mis placed the barrel in a series of moves, and when I find it I may just have a use for it.

Yep I ended up getting cold feet on trying to mod the extracor. I think it was you, mark, that had a good post back then about a way to possibly modify(bend and file) the extracor, but I got too scared of ruining the gun to continue. So the original sig 10mm cycled something like 12 out of the 20 rounds fired, and I gave up, for fear of ruining the gun.

B

Posts: 194 | Location: Bes islands | Registered: July 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bsc7289:
That was me who tried a few years back...sorry I have mis placed the barrel in a series of moves, and when I find it I may just have a use for it.
Ah, the first brave soul. Sorry that I forgot it was you. Smile

quote:
Yep I ended up getting cold feet on trying to mod the extracor. I think it was you, mark, that had a good post back then about a way to possibly modify(bend and file) the extracor, but I got too scared of ruining the gun to continue.
Yeah, I don't have the pics any longer but I can re-do the measurements. The filing of the slide where the extractor touches so the extractor hook will reach the case lip is the easy part. The part I balked at was welding and re-forming the breech face. Let's not mention widening the channel for the ejector. I just didn't have the proper tools/money or this would have been done years ago.

quote:
So the original sig 10mm cycled something like 12 out of the 20 rounds fired, and I gave up, for fear of ruining the gun.
That's actually quite impressive and more than I expected. Success like that would have really stoked my fire. Wink

Congrats on being a pioneer. Smile

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This may or may not be of any interest, however at one time Colt came out with a limited edition pistol called a 10/40. It was built on what Colt called thier Combat Elite Model, a blued slide and stainless frame. This came from the factory with two barrels and two magazines. One barrel and one magazine in .40 cal and one magazine and barrel in 10mm. If I remember correctly the price was about 100.00 more than the standard Colt 45 Combat Elite.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for
>> those who do not."
>> ~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Posts: 17 | Registered: April 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shinobi, only the fullsize 220ST Elite is eligible for conversion. Carry model is not, as reported by Flork earlier in the thread.

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Right-Wing
posted Hide Post
Wow, Ive been waiting for a 10mm Sig for a long time, Ill love to see the finished product

"ALways pray for peace, but prepare for war."

Posts: 29 | Registered: November 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
One barrel and one magazine in .40 cal and one magazine and barrel in 10mm. If I remember correctly the price was about 100.00 more than the standard Colt 45 Combat Elite.

as long as you didn't need a bar-sto .40 barrel, they might be able to hunt one up for you for $100 Smile

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
The Time has come my friends. The 10mm Sig P220 is on it's way.

------------------------------
-------------------------------------------
Scott @ Apex
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."
Leonard Novak - "Thee Gambler" (SASS)
------------------------------------------------

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

http://www.apextactical.com/bl...nternal-lubrication/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flork, you're such a tease! Good think you're not a girl! LOL So, are you gonna tease us a little more with just a bit of new info?

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oops typo, "thing" not think!

770-977-0662

Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
You wanna see a tease, you should meet some of the girls in Fossil....Brutal stuff, enough to get ol' Flork in all kinds of trouble.

Scott @ Apex
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
We need a range report with Chronos and Photos!!!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What signified said!

Those girls in Fossil aren't old girls, are they? Ha. Never have seen a young, hot "fossil"?

770-977-0662

Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
We need a range report with Chronos and Photos!!!

Range report with Corona???? SWEEET.

Oh yeah, there will be a full range report with photos, chrono info and videos too.

Scott @ Apex

posted Hide Post
Flork, one of our customers has spoken with Scott about having a 220ST Elite, he purchased from us, sent to you for conversion. Are you ready to accept guns yet? If not, do you know when?

Thanks!

770-977-0662

Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ordnance Outsell:
Flork, one of our customers has spoken with Scott about having a 220ST Elite, he purchased from us, sent to you for conversion. Are you ready to accept guns yet? If not, do you know when?

Thanks!

Yes, tell us when!

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
That's funny you guys should ask. Bruce and I were just talking about the process for the 10mm project 5 minutes ago.

Here's how we're going to do it:

Tomorrow, I'll be sending out an email to our customers who are on the confirmed list for the 10mm conversion asking for deposits.

As soon as we know an ETA on the barrels we'll be asking customers to send in their guns. I'm hoping it'll be just a few weeks, but it may be longer depending on Bar-Sto's current work load.

Scott @ Apex

Banned. This ex-member has a history of failing to deliver on goods and promises
posted Hide Post
Flork,

My e-mail is in my profile. I don't know if I'm on your list, but I want one!

Probably commiting heresay, but I'll most likely be sending you one of my Langdon P220ST guns

Thanks,

Stu

Posts: 647 | Location: Gator Country! | Registered: May 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flork, please check with Scott who talked with my customer and made deposit arrangements, etc. Would appreciate either you or him PM me to let me know if this is set up. Customer should have mentioned gun coming from us?

Good luck with Barsto! We've been waiting since April for our order!

770-977-0662

Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
Dude, I am Scott.

We're getting a pretty good laugh around here right about now Big Grin

Scott @ Apex

posted Hide Post
Ha ha, good one on me! Anything I can do to be entertaining.....intentional or not!

770-977-0662