SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The 10mm SIG 220ST Project
Page 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 65
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 10mm SIG 220ST Project Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Any estimates on when the next production run of 10mm will be done and the price of one?

Sigs
S&Ws
Walthers
H&Ks
and a few others

Posts: 399 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Guinness58, you might give Gray Guns a call. My understanding is that they're now doing them as ordered, rather than on a batch basis.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by varoadking:
OK...who belongs to this?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=179660653

Whoever it is they have padded a little profit. There is only $1502 of work and he wants $2700. The 220 originally cost $1198? Me thinks not. Big Grin

Posts: 314 | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boge:
quote:

Whoever it is they have padded a little profit. There is only $1502 of work and he wants $2700. The 220 originally cost $1198? Me thinks not. Big Grin

The original guns took over a year, which you can pay someone else for, or wait it out yourself. And no, I still have mine. And you can't buy it for what I have in it, or anything close. Roll Eyes

NRA Endowment member, because who else is going to protect your 2nd amendment right?

Posts: 157 | Location: Roanoke, VA | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gemurdock:
quote:
Originally posted by Boge:
quote:

The original guns took over a year, which you can pay someone else for, or wait it out yourself. And no, I still have mine. And you can't buy it for what I have in it, or anything close. Roll Eyes
Not mine, either - there's no way I'm selling mine.

You have to also figure shipping out to GGI and back and possibly a transfer fee, depending on how the pistol was originally bought. That's anywhere from $50-$100.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Guys, it belongs to forum member Blue82. Not any inside detective work, it says so on the block marked "seller" on the ad. Big Grin

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
It eventually sold for $2725

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone know what the current wait time and price is for one of these? I have been watching from afar and am really close to going for it.

See Everything.

Posts: 39 | Registered: August 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that only Bruce would hold the answer to that one. You should contact Bruce Gray.

Posts: 141 | Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore | Registered: August 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
W/o reading the entire & very long thread, how well are the pistols holding up? What's the highest round count that's been tested?

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although I wasn't one of these "Beta Testers" who got one of the GGI custom Sig 220 pistols, I do feel as if I was a part of something great. Told some family members about them and showed them photos and they all loved what they saw. Bruce I think you may be getting a new customer or two sometime in the future!

Posts: 160 | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
W/o reading the entire & very long thread, how well are the pistols holding up? What's the highest round count that's been tested?

So far, mine is impeccable. Reliable, accurate, very confidence-inspiring. I haven't torture-tested it or anything. Just put the 500 rounds downrange that I would for any carry pistol before carrying it, and now 50 rounds or so a month to keep it familiar.

Posts: 9 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since its been a while since I read the whole thread a few details are a wee bit fuzzy...
If I recall corectly the 220 Sport couldnt be used for this because the factory barrel had a larger OD .... would it be possible to either freeze fit or silver solder a sleeve onto the Bar-Sto barrel (provided the barrel an be ordered longer to work with the Comp) and then turn it down to match the slide?
Will any other 220 slide work on the Sport??
The reason I ask is I have a Sport w/ Comp that I'd love to have this done to, BUT I'd like to find a second slide for it to make it a multi caliber gun.

so am I nuts or is this just another one of my wild-assed ideas?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end" R.J.Wiedemann.LtCol.USMC Ret.

Posts: 457 | Location: West Michigone | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Hiya! Thought I'd pop in here and and wish everyone a Happy New Year. I know we're looking for 2011 to bring great things.

We expect one of those great things to be another run or two of 10mm custom works. First, Daddy-O here must finish his extensive backlog of various high-grade 1911 builds and Long Slide Comp P7's while we all complete the reorganization and expansion we've been working on for a few months now. (FYI, GGI now has seven of us working here in the Volcano Base, and we've just launched OpSpec Training as a new, separate company.) It'll happen, and we'll be calling folks on our 10mm Wait List when we're ready. With my gratitude for everyone's patience and faith in this worthy project, I'll keep you informed.

In the meantime, I hope our 10mm clients will post here with their results and issues so we can be sure the next 10's are everything they can be within what the stainless P220 platform permits.

Please do read through these posts, and look at my more recent comments regarding what subsequent 10mm's will be like. Thanks again!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
Hiya! Thought I'd pop in here and and wish everyone a Happy New Year. I know we're looking for 2011 to bring great things.

We expect one of those great things to be another run or two of 10mm custom works. First, Daddy-O here must finish his extensive backlog of various high-grade 1911 builds and Long Slide Comp P7's while we all complete the reorganization and expansion we've been working on for a few months now. (FYI, GGI now has seven of us working here in the Volcano Base, and we've just launched OpSpec Training as a new, separate company.) It'll happen, and we'll be calling folks on our 10mm Wait List when we're ready. With my gratitude for everyone's patience and faith in this worthy project, I'll keep you informed.

In the meantime, I hope our 10mm clients will post here with their results and issues so we can be sure the next 10's are everything they can be within what the stainless P220 platform permits.

Please do read through these posts, and look at my more recent comments regarding what subsequent 10mm's will be like. Thanks again!

-Bruce

Bruce, you have email.

Posts: 2177 | Location: Henderson, KY | Registered: April 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow, 2k for a 10mm. The poly frame on my glock SF10mm holds up just fine for 600 bucks. Smile Nice project though. If there was a 10mm XD or Sig for 5=700 bucks I would be all over it, but right now I have to stay with a 20 and 29sf Glock.

Posts: 4 | Registered: January 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
Have you been to a gun store and checked Kimber prices recently? How about a Wilson 1911? $2000 for a handmade 10mm is not a bad price. More to the point, you can't walk into a gun store and buy a 10mm Sig either. For two big ones, you get the best of both worlds: a Sig and a 10mm.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was just sayin, they SHOULD as Springfield SHOULD be able to make a Polymer framed 10mm, Glock did it and its flawless and doesnt run a 2k bill. And hey, its a Glock Smile

Posts: 4 | Registered: January 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Colt resumed making 10mm Delta Elite for about $1k. Ones sold in 2010 were very nice guns, as other Colt 1911's have been the last few years!

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post