SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The 10mm SIG 220ST Project
Page 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 65
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 10mm SIG 220ST Project Login/Join 
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:

I do no favours by skimping on features. It's a false economy to forgo SuperBlack and a magwell if the final result might not be everything you expect and deserve.

Precisely! A superior product isn't made more superior by cutting back on quality.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signoir
posted Hide Post
As one of the early adopters I take special pride in considering myself somewhat of a "beta tester" of GGI's new product. I don't mind really - I feel as if I'm part of the project. My version of the GGI 10 does have the superblack and the extended magwell and I'm very pleased to have gotten both. I feel a little guilty at getting something with so much R&D in it that I didn't really pay for. My only recourse is to find some stuff in my safe for GGI to work on...

"When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power...like God must feel... when he's holding a gun!" H. Simpson.

Posts: 1044 | Registered: July 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signoir:
As one of the early adopters I take special pride in considering myself somewhat of a "beta tester" of GGI's new product. I don't mind really - I feel as if I'm part of the project. My version of the GGI 10 does have the superblack and the extended magwell and I'm very pleased to have gotten both. I feel a little guilty at getting something with so much R&D in it that I didn't really pay for. My only recourse is to find some stuff in my safe for GGI to work on...

Heh-heh... just add 10 percent to whatever you paid and send 'em a check. That should take care of it!

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeremiahjj:
quote:

Heh-heh... just add 10 percent to whatever you paid and send 'em a check. That should take care of it!

I think my comments have been misinterpreted!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:
Originally posted by jeremiahjj:
quote:

I think my comments have been misinterpreted!

-Bruce

Nah, it was just a little humor in response to what signoir said about feeling guilty. I just wanted to take some of his guilt away.

posted Hide Post
Originally posted by drvink:
Bruce,

Since I'm one of the lucky four who hasn't received his 10mm yet, may I assume that I'll see mine soon? If you have "finally massaged and tweaked" these to your satisfaction, I'll be looking for that tracking number soon.

Hiya! I recieved your recent message and am happy to tell you that it's ready to go finally. Your pistol had more than a few issues that took me time to correct. You have been most patient of all, and I'll seek a remedy for your inconvenience in some form acceptable to you. It will leave GGI on Tiesday, our next shipping pickup. I'll send you shipping info presently, with my gratitude.

Publicly, here and now, I apologize for your longest of all waits.

To paraphrase MacArthur, these proceedings are now closed.

-Bruce

Next GGI Class: Massachussetts in May!

"We are but God's hands." -Beki

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com

Bruce,

These procedings are not closed as I never received any shipping info nor my gun. Another missed ship date. Have I missed something?

Posts: 141 | Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore | Registered: August 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bruce,

Received tracking information today- Thank you

Posts: 141 | Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore | Registered: August 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drvink:
Bruce,

Received tracking information today- Thank you

You're welcome. As your pistol had the greatest challenges to correct, it's the one I am most keen on watching over time. Please let me know how it works for you. Thank you again. -Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to know the project was successful....need to get there and get my own now.

Posts: 160 | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taz95dog
posted Hide Post
can i use 226(40/.357)mags in a 229 ? do they make a spacer for the gap ?...thanks...bill...

... now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the country...

Posts: 955 | Location: st.pete./fl.(hometown,va,bch.,va.) | Registered: January 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So are any more 10mm Sig going to be built by Gray guns? We really wanna know!

Benelli R1 .308 and .300 win mag
Benelli Super Black Eagle 12ga
Remington 870 supermag 12 ga
Remington 1100 12ga
C.S.M.C. RBL 20 gauge SxS
C.S.M.C. RBL 28 gauge SxS
S&W 4516 .45
Beretta 92FS 9mm
Magnum Research MDE .380
Sig 229r .40
Ket-tec pf9 9mm

Posts: 15 | Registered: March 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gator1:

We recently placed an order with Irv at BarSto for a second run of improved 10mm barrels. We have enough mags in stock now for a second run, which was one of the issues holding up the first group. So, yes, we will be building more and we'll announce this when we have everything in hand and ready to go.

As mentioned previously, the next 10's will be built by me individually as high-end custom guns from the get-go, not as a group. That's what the first pistols turned out to be in any event because of the surprising amount of rework they required of me to finish them to our standards. These don't lend themselves to "batching up", nor to being built "on the cheap" with inadequate features such as forgoing the Super Black finish...two of the important lessons I learned from this interesting project.

Thanks to each of you for your interest and patience!

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Picture of signoir
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

We recently placed an order with Irv at BarSto for a second run of improved 10mm barrels. We have enough mags in stock now for a second run, which was one of the issues holding up the first group. So, yes, we will be building more and we'll announce this when we have everything in hand and ready to go.

As mentioned previously, the next 10's will be built by me individually as high-end custom guns from the get-go, not as a group. That's what the first pistols turned out to be in any event because of the surprising amount of rework they required of me to finish them to our standards. These don't lend themselves to "batching up", nor to being built "on the cheap" with inadequate features such as forgoing the Super Black finish...two of the important lessons I learned from this interesting project.

-Bruce

Bruce - any decision on replacing the stock 20lb recoil spring with a stiffer one? My local shooting range is complaining about the dings that I'm putting in the walls.

"When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power...like God must feel... when he's holding a gun!" H. Simpson.

posted Hide Post
I finally found a pic of one. That is one beautiful piece of goodness. I had been hoping that S&W would come with a M&P 10 but I have not been holding my breath that they would. My first Sig is a P6 and I love it. Now I have a new reason to start saving my pennies. LMK when the second build starts and I will be in for one.

Posts: 545 | Location: OH | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Simmy, would not expect a S&W 10 mm, as only all stainless Sigs can handle it, not ANY polymer gun, save Glock 20 & 29, I think?

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:

You owe us nothing, but to accept my gratitude to each of you for hanging in with us. You folks subsidized our learning curve and waited a few years for the priviledge. That's how I see it. Thank you for your consideration and and faith in us.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

-Bruce

Bruce - any decision on replacing the stock 20lb recoil spring with a stiffer one? My local shooting range is complaining about the dings that I'm putting in the walls.

We will have 24's ASAP and each of you will get a small roll of 'em. Our specialty spring vendor is on it, after a few false starts. I'm a naiive man. I actually think that's the final hurdle!

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

posted Hide Post
quote:
BTW, the 10-round mags are here finally!

I'll contact each of you to get extra orders together for these.

-Bruce

Did I miss the info on the 10 round mags? Please let me know if they are available.

NRA Endowment member, because who else is going to protect your 2nd amendment right?

Posts: 157 | Location: Roanoke, VA | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signoir
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

We will have 24's ASAP and each of you will get a small roll of 'em. Our specialty spring vendor is on it, after a few false starts. I'm a naiive man. I actually think that's the final hurdle!

-Bruce

Thanks, Bruce! The recoil spring is obviously not the trivial design element that I once thought that it was.

Picture of BEVO
posted Hide Post
If you decide to do another run I'm in.

"Deo Duce Vincemus"

Posts: 16 | Registered: August 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post